Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2011, 03:06 PM
    Ask your parents for a trial stay with your grandma for say one school year and see what they say about that.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2011, 02:26 PM
    It's hard to adjust to a new place, but it's worth doing. Stay with your parents, visit your grandmother often - perhaps for next summer. YOur parents will not want to give you up at 14. I am not oblivious to how hard it is to be away from your good friends, but at 14 your friendships are very likely to change anyway.

Normally when kids get into their teens and get more into their personal hobbies, interests, sports and clubs at school, they tend to gravitate toward the other kids in those interests. Also, it's very normal for people to move - you will have other moves in your life and friends and relatives who will move as well. You need to rely on yourself to get through these times of transition. I think that avoiding such a transition will be a bad mistake for you, as this is a lesson worth learning now and will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Don't blame your poor performance in school on where you life - you know that your friends don't cause you to get bad or good grades. Focus on improving, get involved in a sport or activity like theater, choir, band, a club - offer your services for babysitting, or volunteer. You will find that when you jump into your new school and community and are actively part of it, you will like it and have a new group of friends.

By visiting your grandmother during the summer, you can also maintain your old friendships near her.

My son was about your age when we moved 400 miles. He spends most summers in our old community, where his Dad still lives, and now has homes and friends in two cities and loves it. Friends from each visit him in the other, and it's really turned out great for him. You can do this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Of course a stay there, also mean that you will not see your parents and they will not see you. And it is not about following the rules, but your parents wanting to be in and part of your life.

As a parent, having my children visit for a couple months is one thing, moving there are two different things.

Also at your new location you make new friends.

If you can do good in school in one location, you can do good in both locations, it is a matter of desire.
    marissa14 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 04:04 PM
    But I have been here for 2 years its still the same and I don't actually mean moving I mean staying there for 2-3 months
    mgilesxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
    I think that you should do what is best for you in life seeing as they don't visit your grandmother why can't you live there and be her mini carer x GOOD LUck x
    lolluvya9 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Just ask the worse they could do is say no. Which you probably don't want. But after if that doesn't work, ask your grandmother to talk to your parents about it too. I bet you if she asks it may work.

Hope this helps (>_<)
    bsykes98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Im stuck in the same situitation but I need to get out its a lot of reasons but its not good here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How convince parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am because and she is oc .I have no great background but her father has great infulence .and he likes her daughter very much what to do marry her .is he agree?

How to convince girlfriend parents about our marriage ? [ 4 Answers ]

We both are in a relationship since 2 years . We are deeply in love with each other . I am a south indian and she is a oriya . Initially both families were against . But it took me 1 year to convince my mom and dad about my love . Her parents are very strict and are against our relationship . The...

How can I convince my parents to let me get married and move out of their house? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, and have been with my boyfriend for over two years now. He is truly my best friend, and we know we feel the same way about our future, down to small details like what color we want to paint the living room in our first home. My parents have met him several times and really like...

How to convince my parents/partner [ 4 Answers ]

I am hindu age 20.. I am in love with a guy aged 27 hindu, and he belongs to sc... we hv to face problem such as 1. age differnce 2. caste community 3. height and colour 4. status 5. profession and finanacial background.. He wants to do register marriage as early as possible since my parents are...

How to convince my girlfriend parents [ 2 Answers ]

Actually this is very common questionhow can I want to convince my girlfriend parents to accept as there boy for whom they are looking for a girl. My girlfriend is under very tensed position because her parents are not accepting me as rite choice for her

View more questions Search