Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laina89 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
    How do I tell my family I am moving and getting married
    I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 28 and he is in the army in Afghanistan but he lives in Alaska and I am a full time student majoring in graphic design and I live in Tampa fl but my family lives in Virginia and I am worried about how to tell then that I am moving to Alaska with him in January of next year and we are getting married in February and I know my mother will not be happy at all I have always lived my life the way she wants me to and I am just really ready to live my life the way I want and I am just trying to figure out the right time and way to tell her. My boyfriend wants to tell her but I don't want to tell her just yet... How do I tell her and when should I tell her
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
    I'm glad you've come to this site to share your story with us. I'm going to ask a few questions for clarification. Please bear with me.

Are your parents paying for all or part of college? How will you finish and where?

Usually the bride gets married at home or at least works out details with her family. Why won't you be doing that?

Sep 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
    No they don't pay for my college and I will transfer to Alaska or finish online and my boyfriend and I talk about where we want to get married and he has family in Florida and so do I so I was thinking there but I don't want to make any plans yet because I haven't told m family yet and I haven't figure out how to do that just yet
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Does your family know about your soldier? How long have you been together?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
    Have you and your boyfriend always been in a long distance relationship? And, how long have you been boyfriend/girlfriend. Have your parents ever met him? Do they know you are in a relationship?

Much of my answer will depend upon more information.

Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2011, 06:33 AM
    Reposted from RIP

Quote Originally Posted by laina89 View Post
    my parnets dont know bout him my oldest sister does and we have been together for 6 months now which is my longest relationship i have every had

Sep 19, 2011, 06:34 AM
    To wondergirl... they don't know about him my oldest sister is the only one who does I talk to my father last night and told him that I have something to tell him and I wanted him to meet someone. My father already knows and he's just waiting for me to tell him and I have been with him for almost 7 months now which is the longest relationship I have been in

To jake2008... yes we have since we started dating we been together for about 7 months now and no they haven't my family is in Virginia and I am in Tampa and yes they know about me being with someone they just don't know who I haven't told them yet and I guess its my fault because I haven't told them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Law Moving out of Country [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a custody agreement with my ex-husband. I have full custody and he has reasonable access. I have a career opportunity of a life time and would like to move to Australia. I plan on discussing (begging) my ex to allow my child to come, but if he objects do I...

I need the title of the film with arno and his family moving to Idaho. [ 1 Answers ]

I remember there was a sceene with mad neighbor with huge lawn mower!

Moving in with another family member [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time in school. My mom has agreed to let me live with my grandparents so that I can transfer schools. In Alabama does my mom have to sign over custody to do this? If so, how? If not, what do I do?

Married and Moving (Separating) [ 1 Answers ]

I am married in the state of Virginia and would like to separate from my husband due to drugs and alcohol abuse. We have a 5 year old, but we were not married when I had her. I would like to know if I can move (in VA or possibly out of state... PA where it is much cheaper) with her. Is this...

View more questions Search