Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jingloong1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Internet Explorer
    My Internet explorer program will not open... Any ideas why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Any error messages ?
    Also a simple reboot fixes most annoying problems with a PC.

Sep 18, 2011, 10:38 AM
    No, no error messages. The Internet Explorer program opens for about two seconds, it displays a white screen and then closes spontaneously... Strange!

Sep 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
    I did reboot also, but it didn't fix the problem.
    rachelgirl4 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 10:58 AM
    I had this problem... After awhile I just gave up. Because Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox didn't work for me... so I got something called AOL Desktop 9.6 I'm using that now as my browser. You can try to, maybe set it back to an restore point, back to the maybe let's just say previous day before when it was working. Otherwise, after various amount of restarts (I have windows vista, and my computer is just crazy to begin with) I finally got it working again. I can use IE, and it loads automatically, if you have any updates that your computer needs to restart with, try that and see if afterwards you can use IE.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
    Well if a reboot hasn't helped then make sure your machine is fully patched to the latest version, which for IE is v9.

This may well fix the underlying problem that is stopping it from loading correctly.

Either that or switch to something better like Firefox or Chrome..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What internet explorer do I have? [ 2 Answers ]

What internet exporer am I using

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

View more questions Search