Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinnbar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 08:27 AM
    My nanny asked if was okay to take bath with my 2.5 year old
    She said he asked her to get in the bath and she said no. But she thought maybe it was okay because he is still young enough or maybe if she wore a bathing suit. I told her no under any conditions. The next night I came home and she said he asked again so maybe I wanted to explain it to him. Again I thought it was inappropriate and she should know the answer is no and how to handle it. Now I am really uncomfortable and worried she has no sense of boundaries and should find someone else.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
    I see no boundary issues at 2.5; it's totally innocent. I also see no reason for a nanny to get in a tub with a 2 year old just because he wants her to. Have her tell him that she doesn't want or need a bath or to get wet just then and that she has work to do after his bath. There's no reason for you to have to explain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Many parents would bath with a 2 1/2 year old, and often if the nanny is a live in and the child almost views them as a mother figure I can see them asking. Children do ask this often, so it is normal for them to ask.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dinnbar View Post
    Now I am really uncomfortable and worried she has no sense of boundaries and should find someone else.
    I'm thinking, since she brought this to your attention, her sense of boundaries is okay. If they weren't, she would have stripped and jumped into the tub with your son without saying a word to you.

Make sure she understands that adults don't give a positive answer to every request a child makes. In fact, adults don't even have to explain when they say no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a 13 year old boy and a 11 year old girl just asked me out what should I do? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old boy and a 11 year old girl just asked me out what should I do?

Can a 19 year old nanny open a roth IRA? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 and in college. I spent the summer "being nanny" to my 4 month old nephew and working a few odd (cash only) jobs. Can I open a Roth IRA even though there's no paper trail? Is still "after tax" money when no taxes were taken out? Would I need to file taxes this year even though I'm a...

Bath tub on concrete ( I know it has been asked alot) [ 17 Answers ]

But, I want to add a bath tub in my concrete basement. How the heck do I hook the drains? What is this Dap-out? I have a toilet drain and a 1 1/2 sink drain. That I can tie into. I have to jackhammer the floor but then what? Thanks in advance a tired frustrated Dale today.

16 year old girl, never been kissed or asked out [ 14 Answers ]

I'm turning 16 in about a month and I have never made out and I've never had a boyfriend. My best friend is with her boyfriend of 11 months and he's her third! And she's turning 16 in 3 months! I'm so lost and sad I'm definitely not ugly I'm tan have dark curly hair

Teacher asked to Nanny by family in class [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've been working at the same early childhood center for over two years. About one year ago, I began picking up a two girls before school. I wake them up, get them ready and we're off. The family pays me well for doing this every morning and it has been a nice supplement to my income. Now, the...

View more questions Search