Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 17, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Refused entry from US into Canada
    What does A42 as a reason for being denied entry into Canada from the US by a US national (born and raised in US) mean?

I can think of reasons my nephew was denied, such as driver's license from NY but entering from Montana where he just moved to, no current job (lots of money from computer consulting), and it was the day before 9/11, but I just want to know what A42 stands for and can't find it. Poor guy was on his way to his cousin's wedding.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2011, 04:43 AM
    Does he have any convictions, even misdemeanors?
    current pert

Sep 17, 2011, 06:13 AM
    No.
    But I don't feel I need to go on about him; he's squeaky clean. I just want to know what an A42 is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2011, 06:25 AM
    Did he have his passport with him at the time. Since you need a passport, not a drivers license
    current pert

Sep 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
    He has a passport and is very smart; I'm sure he had it. And he tells me his car and license are now in MT.
    Here's what I think:
    Tiny border crossing at MT.
    Day before 9/11.
    Self employed computer consultant.
    Long black hair and looks native American or even possibly middle eastern, or any nationality.
    Last trip abroad: I think Egypt (to see the pyramids).

My sister and BIL in WA state went to the same wedding and got grief at the big crossing too. My sister said 'Good morning' far too cheerfully instead of waiting to be spoken to. The guard just stared at her for many minutes (it seemed) and then shot out a string of questions she couldn't answer, and when she finally got all flustered he let them through.

ANYWAY I'm still just curious about what an A42 is. My nephew wants to drop the subject. He drove and drove and had to drive home and didn't get to see any family.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
    Enforcement Manual ENF 2, Section 11:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/...enf/enf02e.pdf

"A42 stipulates:

42. A foreign national, other than a protected person, is inadmissible on grounds of an inadmissible family member if

(a) their accompanying family member or, in prescribed circumstances, their non-accompanying family member is inadmissible;"
    current pert

Sep 27, 2011, 04:19 AM
    I don't understand. He was alone, and no family has ever been inadmissible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entry into Canada as a Felon and Canada land owner [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently been arrested for a drug related offense (my first arrest). I fully expect to get convicted of some sort of felony crime in the USA. I am a citizen of the USA and I am not a canadian citizen. I do own land in Canada and would like to access it. I have read all the laws...

Entry to Canada with a felony [ 1 Answers ]

I need to go to Canada in 7 dats and I have a Felony. Any suggestions?

Felony entry to Canada [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of a felony in 2002. In 2005, as per my court paperwork my felony was to be dropped to a misdemeanor. In spring 2007 I obtained my passport with plans to travel to Vancouver, BC, Canada. I departed for Vancouver in September 2007. Upon arriving at the airport, I was denied...

Refused Entry & Now married to a US Citizen [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am hoping someone else has gone through the same experience as me. A few months ago I was refused entry into the US as they believed I was there under false pretences. I was travelling back to the states with my partner to visit him for a month and then was returning to the Spain where I...

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

View more questions Search