Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdalby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 10:07 AM
    Can someone force a court ordered dna test on a couple and child with no hard proof?
    I had a relationship with a girl and she fell pregnant I was led to believe it was mine until she was 33 weeks pregnant and decided to kick me out for no reason?

She stopped all contact and I haven't been able to see the baby at all she is with another guy now and his name is on the birth certificate and she has never claimed csa from me I contacted my solictor for a dna test but she refused what should I do now? Can the court order her to go for a test even though someoe else name is o birth certifcate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
    You say solictor, so can I guess maybe the UK or Canada ?

The laws vary by location, and in the US can vary by state on this.

In many places, there are also time frames to contest paternity. So if you were talking to an attorney , they should have told you your options. But if you file for visits or to challenge the birth certificate, you can ask the court to order a DNA test. ( that is assuming your area allows for it)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2011, 11:30 AM
    A COURT can order a paternity test. Whether the court will do so depends on whether you can provide proof that you may be the father. If you were in a sexual relationship with this girl at the time of conception and can convince the court of that, then its likely they will force the test, subject to local laws.

I'm assuming the child was born fairly recently so you may be within the window to protest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get a court ordered dna test? [ 3 Answers ]

There's this girl claiming she's pregnant and my husbands the father of the child. I want to know if he can get a court ordered DNA test because I don't think the girl will do it freely?

Court Ordered DNA test [ 2 Answers ]

My Father Died and his name isn't on my birth certificate and my sister wants nothing to do with me. Can I get a court order DNA test with my sister to prove he was my father and were related.

Court ordered DNA testing [ 11 Answers ]

Conception took place in PA, the mother was a resident of PA; the father was a resident of NJ. The adult child, now living in OR wishes to establish the father's paternity; the father is now living in FL. What court would have jurisdiction over such a case? Is an adoption legal if the father...

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

View more questions Search