Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Engr001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Vista freezing problems
    I've had the same problem. Log on, then after a short period, everything freezes except the mouse. Cannot reboot with Icon Button clicks or Ctrl/Alt/Delete. Need to manually hold the power switch/button.

I ran the following types programs:
    SpyBot: Nothing
    AVG: Nothing
    Registry Mechanic: Nothing
    Malwarebytes: Nothing
    Defragged: Nothing
    Memory Tests: Nothing
    Check Disk: Nothing

Then I checked for updates and found a Windows Update that was loaded on September 5th, 2011. I have uninstalled that update, and am waiting to see if the problem continues to present itself. So far, I am able to write this message.

If anyone has insight of what else I can check, and links to freeware that can help diagnose the cause, please let me know.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Is the problem persisting since you got rid of the update? I would say that it's the most likely cause as vista especially has had freezing issues with updates. Have you installed anything else recently since the freezing started happening? How many/what are your start up programs(easily found by running msconfig).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vista freezing [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running Vista and in the past week my computer will freeze after 10 minutes. Max of usage. I cannot log off, I have to power off. I'm thinking I may need to reformat but am not sure how to go about doing it. HELP!! Please?? :o

Freezing temps faucet problems... [ 0 Answers ]

In Texas we are experiencing cold weather causing freezing temp. I did all I was suppose to do, kept cabinet doors open for heat to circulate, covered exposed pipes from outside home. Left all faucets running last night. When morning came I turned on kitchen faucet it spitted out rust, and then ran...

GE Ref Freezing Problems [ 0 Answers ]

My G.E. frost free side by side freezes the 2 bottom shelves only and the fresh food only cools 2 bottom shelves. Let me refresh you about 3 years ago it stopped cooling so I bought a new one so about 6 months ago the new one went out and I still had this one so I plugged it up and it ran great...

Problems installing XP or Vista [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am new to this site and have spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to sort this problem. Firstly, I started having problems with a slow PC, no viruses and no malicious programs found at all.. So I decided to reinstall windows, herein lies the problem. After trying to use 2 disks,...

Freezing problems [ 3 Answers ]

My computer freezes up all the time.. especially if I set to long at any site.I run norton protection for virus and spy ware, also use adaware se pesonal and clean my regestry on a daily basis--any ideas? Is there a way to reset my computer and wipe out all files? Thank you:confused:

View more questions Search