Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subarn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 02:52 AM
    What is the defferent between 3phase 3 wire and 3 phase 4 wire energy meter?
    What is the different between 3phase 3 wire and 3 phase 4 wire energy meter?
    fansofkar Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Sep 16, 2011, 03:03 AM
    It means the first one is 3 phase meter with 3 wires and the second one has a nuetral too. The former can be used for delta connected load and the latter for star connected load
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2011, 07:46 AM
    In any installation,there is lighting or single phase load too. The utility usually install 4 wire kwh meter including neutral. Can you give an example where 3wire kwh meter is used.
    cva.guru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2012, 11:09 PM
    The difference is star & Delta connection

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a single phase heater with 3 phase [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single phase 238-240v air handler with 15 kw(3 - 5kw strips) of heat strips. I want to wire this with 3 ph 208 wye. Can I change the wiring to this: L1 ~~~H1~~~L2 / L3 ~~~H2~~~L1 / L2~~~H3~~~L3. Then send L1 & L2 to the 240 system fan for a single phase fan motor. This Should give me a...

60 AMP feeder line to meter and from meter is 200 AMP wire to my electrical box. [ 13 Answers ]

I have a old 60 AMP feeder line from the top of my house to the meter. From the meter is 200 AMP new wire. I was wondering if this is even safe and what would the cost be of updating the feeder line?

Pl explain 3 phase energy meter working principle and how can reduce electric cost [ 1 Answers ]

I hope the energy meter will consider only the amount of current flow in case if I improve p.f. And reduce the current flow in mains circuit,is it will help to reduce my electricity bill, and reducing produce heat, loss of electricity. Kindly pardon my english.thanks

Wire a 3phase welder with 1phase power ? [ 2 Answers ]

Have heard this can be done but wanted to get some help. Have a three phase welder and wondered if I can directly wire a single phase line to it? I realize I would loose 66% of the out put which is fine but just wanted to know if it can be done. If so were do I put the single phase lines to? There...

View more questions Search