Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lamlamlamiaaa Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Why does my internet keep disconnecting?
    This is happening for a while now. When I am on the internet, it's fine but after few minutes it disconnects and comes back after I do to connection diagosing thing it suggests. This is happening a lot now and it is really annoying. Please, are there any suggestions on how I can fix this? It'll really help. THANKS!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Have you contacted the phone company to see if it's your phone line? HAve you contacted your net provider? I used to have dial up that would just mysteriously disconnect me every so many minutes. Only after several years of this did the phone company finally figure out my home location had two phone lines (even though I had only one phone line the previous owners had 2 lines) and once they officially disconnected the second line to my home did my problem disappear.

Do you have dial up or broadband?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Knowing a little bit more about the situation can help us help you. What type of internet do you have? Eg: dial-up, DSL, Cable, etc...
    How are you connecting to the internet? Wireless, Ethernet, Ad-Hoc, etc...

Knowing more can help us narrow down any possible causes.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Are you using WIFI or wired connection? Do you notice any lights that change on your modem when this happens? Does this only happen on one device, or does it happen to all devices you have connected to that one internet connection?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disconnecting oven timers [ 0 Answers ]

Disconnecting an oven timer (clock doesn't work & we don't plan to replace it).

Disconnecting a dishwasher [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a dishwasher in my apartment that I rarely use, and when I do use it, it doesn't seem to get the dishes clean. The reason I want to disconnect it, however, is because after 3-4 days of not being used, it begins to give off a nauseating smell-- as if there is something rotting. It's...

Disconnecting electricity [ 2 Answers ]

I am gutting my kitchen in preparation for a remodel project being performed by a contractor. I need to know how to safely disconnect some hardwired electrical connections

Disconnecting Electricity [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving a manufactured home... I know that I must hire a licensed electrician to reconnect it to the new locations pedestal but do I need a licensed electrician to disconnect it from the old one after having the utility company shut the power off?

Aim disconnecting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a university and am on a lan connection... about 2 or 3 weeks ago my aim started to disconnect me... at first it was just after I was idle for a long period, now if I am away from my computer for like 2 minutes I get disconnected... I have ran spy-bot, ad-aware, and my virus scanner......

View more questions Search