Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ride guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Condenser fan motor replacement
    I have a Rheem heat pump and have purchased a replacement condenser fan motor. It had an Emerson KA55HXPAM-7255 and was crossed over to an A O Smith ORM 1008. My problem is the wiring, the new motor has one more wire than the old one. I had orange, brown, black on the old one. The new one has Brown, Brown w/ white stripe, black, and yellow. According to cross references this motor is a replacement, but I'm not sure what to do with the extra wire.
    There is also a slight hp and amperage difference. HP went from 1/10 to new one with 1/6 and the amp went from .75 to 1.1. Will this be a problem?
    fieldrh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ride guy View Post
    I have a Rheem heat pump and have purchased a replacement condenser fan motor. It had an Emerson KA55HXPAM-7255 and was crossed over to an A O Smith ORM 1008. My problem is the wiring, the new motor has one more wire than the old one. I had orange, brown, black on the old one. The new one has Brown, Brown w/ white stripe, black, and yellow. According to cross references this motor is a replacement, but I'm not sure what to do with the extra wire.
    There is also a slight hp and amperage difference. HP went from 1/10 to new one with 1/6 and the amp went from .75 to 1.1. Will this be a problem?
    Did you ever find an answer to this problem. I have the same problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Answer is simple. The two brown wires go to the fan motor capacitor and the other two wires go to each side of the 220/240 volt contactor. Lower left side diagram. Instead of white make it yellow since the diagram is generic.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (158.6 KB, 848 views)
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2013, 03:09 AM
    Brown, Brown w/ white stripe go to cap, black, and yellow get the voltage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement condenser fan motor wires are too short - now what? [ 2 Answers ]

The wires are about 10 inches too short. In normal wiring one would make a junction box and wire up extensions, but there is no place for a junction box inside the unit, of course. The original fan motor also used a flexible metal conduit, although the new fan wires appear to be overinsulated for...

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

Condenser fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ac/heat pump. I used the heat pump the other night. The disired temp was reach, but the condenser fan will not shut off unless I turn it off at the breaker. Could this be a relay issue or thermostate issue?

Wiring of a Rheem Condenser fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

The motor looks to have 2 orange wires, 1 black wire, and 1 brown wire. Where do they go back to. Do the 2 orange wires go to the capacitor? Black go to contact + and brown to common? The 2 orange wires have continuity between them with no or little resistance. Are these both ground wires or...

Condenser Fan Not Working [ 2 Answers ]

Central A/C system turns on using thermostat however, no air blows out of vents. Inspected condenser fan and noticed it was not running. While unit was on, I turned fan by hand and it started to rotate on its own. After an hour of normal operation, the condenser fan stopped again. Could this mean...

View more questions Search