Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Theamerican1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
    Please help me : an horror story but true story
    Please this is only 1/3 of the actual story:
    Hi all. I ve worked at several financial institutions , this one being a pretty large bank in America. In the years I have been there we had been going through a lot of management changes. Please note: I didn't know anyone that worked there other than my cousin, and my actual coworkers at the branch I was at , that's it. This new manager comes on board , in our tiny branch, and me her and another friend coworker start becoming friends. We hangout after work, we go out for drinks, we hang out at my managers house quite house. She has a beautiful daughter, but Darla according to what I could see doesn't have a dad. There is pictures of him but not one word from my manager. I don't ask... But I understand it's something I don't need to know. Anyway , we start going to the park together, we get to meet my managers best friend who happens to be gay like me. She tries to hook me up with me , but I don't like him at all . Anyway... We start becoming truly close: she knows my stuff, I know some of her stuff but not everything . To make it shorter: my other coworker leaves the company, goes toanother city for her reasons, and will never again talk to my manager. My manager is pretty upset, but she feels like whatever. Now I'm her only real friend other than the gay guy. We are literally together after work 24/7 . We hang out at her place, her daughter starts to love me a lot. That's all she says it's my name... Lol , love her... She tells me the story about the daughter dad, which is her real boyfriend, but they can't b physically together bcs if you know what I mean(jail). He was a huge drug dealer up in Canada , and got caught. Keep in mind they were together and she knew about it ( she has a 80k necklace), and she still works at a financial institution . She asked me not to share this with anyone and I didn't ( names , genders, country's and cities are different for privacy purposes). She knows a lot of gangster people, that owe her "husband" I call him here, money lots of money. One of them being a really famous person... Anyway. She knows through past conversations that I have connections with private investigation group : she asks me ( remember she works at a financial institution and she is my manager) to do her a favor and try to find info like tax returns of this people that owe him and her money (drug money). I told her I would but never really did because I'm not a bad guy. She harassed me by asking me all these informations, but I kept telling her that I was really busy, at that time I had moved to a new apartment. She also wants me to take an online class pretending to be her ( remember she works at a financial institution and she is my manager, I feel obligated :() she said she was going to pay me $900 a month, in order for me to make her graduate. She signed up and gave me password and username for me to do the homework test and finally . Also she wanted me to manage her investments: she forced me to start and manage a portfolio for her. ( remember she works at a financial institution and she is my manager, I felt obligated). She also forces me, since I had moved into my new apartemebnt, to take a capital one secondary credit card linked to her main account ( she pulls up my profile and gets my info and then tells me that she ordered me a card, that way she could gave got points and we could have gone on vacation to Miami Florida) ( remember she works at a financial institution and she is my manager, I feel obligated). Meanwhile all this is going on , she threats me at work: she is controlling my life. I call her boss for something and she pulls me into the office yelling at me how I should never go above her. I decide to quit, since I didn't have a life anymore: Monday through Sunday was with her; she had advice me to leave my family alone and nit help them financially because I couldn't afford it. She was allover my business. She would go in my bank account telling me who did I go out with, what dud I do, why I didn't invite her and more. She kept calling me in the office idiot, she would make fun of me. My life was sad: I had no choice : she knows where I work, how much I make , where I go, where I live, who I Live with, she kept harassing me at work for personal gain ( making me feel like I was an idiot, and I could have lost my job anyday, if I would have not done her a favor). I couldn't have a private life. I had to use her card, itherwise she would be mad that she wasn't getting any points. She told me not go above get because she would get rid of me, so I could nit call human resources on her. Two days later I quit after have being recognized by the company as a top performer employee in the company fir four consequently quarters. I had to take a break after quitting so I went on vacation , she kept calling me asking me that I needed to do her homework. I never replied. Other workers got fed up called hr on her. She is now harassing me by calling me from her cell, different numbers that I don't know, and texting me and also Facebook . She wants to know why I'm not talking to her anymore. I never replied. I feel like my life may not be safe. She knows people if she wants to GEt rid of me. I left my job for her, (big cut in pay now loss in income due to her), plus getting still harassed. Can I or better should I sue? Please help me
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2011, 02:52 AM
    Anyone can sue anyone, but for what? No matter how many times you say she was your manager and you felt obligated, this was mostly the result of a friendship outside of work, and it's your own fault that you got in as deep as you did. The coworker who moved far away - maybe a coincidence, maybe it all had to do with this. I see no legal basis for a lawsuit, or a legal leg to stand on. In fact you could end up being sued for c.c. theft.
    If you truly feel that you are unsafe, talk to a police detective to be on record, and talk to some of the other workers who are still there, the ones who 'called hr on her.' And see if you can find the one who moved away. It's really hard without being there to know how serious this is or how much is just a bossy boss's embroiled friendship gone sour.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2011, 03:17 AM
    You made a mistake by not reporting this all to HR as soon as she started hassling you.

You can sue, but I don't see enough proof of anything to win a suit.
    Theamerican1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 10:18 PM
    I have proof of everything .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Theamerican1 View Post
    I have proof of everything .
    You have conclusive evidence of everything she asked you to do? Every threat or suggestion she made? I sincerely doubt that.

But if you do, consult a lawyer. A lawyer can review what you think is proof and tell you if you have a case on on what grounds.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2011, 05:08 PM
    Change your cell number immediately as well as you home number to be unlisted. Contact the HR immediately as well as the police. AND you can contact the online course provider of her fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

(true story)? [ 1 Answers ]

A movie where a group of guys car jack a familys van in the hood. The find the video camera and use it to shoot footage of the next weeks. There was a scence where a guy who just got out of prision beats a guy with a crowbar. It's a few years old and was at blockbuster for a while under special...

True story [ 3 Answers ]

A buddy of mine stupidly tried to pull a stick out of a cement mixer and lost his finger.another worker took him to the hospital and left.when he was stitched up and bandaged he called his wife for a ride.she asked why he was at the hospital.he said he cut off his finger.she asked"the whole...

True story [ 6 Answers ]

Sign on a Washington, D.C.-area restroom hand dryer: "Press button for a message from Congress".

A true story (perhaps we can smile on here sometimes too) [ 14 Answers ]

Here's a true story. Please add your own story as you see fit. May make somneone else smile from our awkward "intimate" moments (wherever they may happen) This is evidence that awkward intimate moments don't always require another person around.... A friend who is a realtor took me to see...

View more questions Search