Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panditi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 09:05 PM
    How do I fix chrome user data corrupt file issue
    I use Google chrome browser to surf the net. Since yesterday I have been getting a message which says: chrome.exe - corrupt file The file or directory c:\... \user data is corrupt and unreadable.
    I ran the chkdsk program and I was still getting the pop up. I re-installed chrome but I am still getting the error.
    How do I fix it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 14, 2011, 10:20 PM
    You need to delete the referenced files.
    They will be recreated when you use chrome again.
    Sometimes you also need to reinstall chrome as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File missing or Corrupt [ 3 Answers ]

I started my computer up and I received the following message, Warning: windows has detected a registry\configuration error: choose command prompt only, and run scanreg. The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS The following file is missing or corrupted:...

File missing or corrupt [ 1 Answers ]

My computer doesn't reboot the file for windows root system 32\hal dll is missing. What can I do to fix it without turning off the computer.

How to fix leak from a PVC / chrome connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am having a problem with a p-trap I recently installed. There is a leak where the pvc pipe meets a chrome pipe coming from the wall. I used a plastic washer (I'm not sure exactly what it's called), so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Corrupt file (extremely important files) [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so before slicking my computer and starting from afresh, I zip a massive 9 gigabyte folder into about 6 gigs. These files were things I needed very severely for my resumes, portfolios, class work, exams, projects, pictures videos... four years worth of programming code crapped away; you get...

View more questions Search