Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnm93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2011, 03:55 PM
    My maytag is making a buzzing sound every 5 min,the freezer isn't working
    I cleaned the coils and the freezer isn't freezing, refrigerator is only cool.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2011, 04:01 PM
    A component in the defroster is going and/or gone and needs to be replaced.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Please explain better about your problem. We have no idea what you are talking about. What is buzzing and is your freezer iced up? Explain in detain; we have no crystal ball to be able to see your unit. DrTom4444
    tsignups Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 08:59 AM
    Don't know about the person above, but I am having the same problem. The buzzing sound is very difficult to pinpoint the location of, but it is an electronic type of buzz. It seems to be coming from the freezer side of the unit, as opposed to the fridge side, but I can't be certain. Every minute or two, it buzzes for about 2 seconds. This has been going on for a couple of weeks, and I've been ignoring it. However, now the freezer is not running cold enough, and things are beginning to melt. It seems that it could be stuck in defrost mode, since it is running and is cold, but not cold enough. The freezer is not iced up. I will follow up with a better location on the buzz, if I get one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Maytag washer fills with water and stops working? Buzzing sound no movement? [ 0 Answers ]

There is a buzzing sound after water fills. About a week ago my wife overloaded it with towels and when in spin cycle there was a loud bagging sound, not sure if that will help with why its not working. Thanks

Heating Unit Making a Buzzing Sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane heat only unit for a 1 bedroom apartment. It is making a buzzing sound. When I take the faceplate off the unit the buzzing stops. This is due to a black switch that is pushed in when the faceplate is on the unit. When the faceplate is not on the unit the switch releases and the...

Maytag Wide by Side Freezer making weird noise [ 5 Answers ]

My Maytag MZD2665HEQ is only 3 years old and it already had compressor issues. The compressor was replaced in February, but since then the freezer makes a weird creaking/groaning noise. It stops when the freezer door is opened but restarts as soon as you close it. Any idea what could be causing...

View more questions Search