Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Sep 13, 2011, 09:27 AM
    Will FAFSA send me a check?
    I'm 20 and just started college. FAFSA awarded me a little over $1,400 for the semester and my tuition for this semester was only a little over $700, including books. What happens to the rest? Do they carried it over to next semster, or will they send me a check for the rest? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I live in Florida, and attend Broward College if that helps at all.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2011, 09:39 AM
    FAFSA will not send you a check. They send the money to your educational institution, who in turn will apply the money to your bill for your semester or term. If you have a credit balance on your bill your school may or may not send you a refund check. You will need to contact your school's fiancial aid office to discuss what they do with a credit balance on your account. My school sent me check if I had a credit balance, but your school may or may not send your check, as it will depend or your school's policy.
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Sep 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Thanks. I looked it up and called and they are going to send me a refund check for the rest.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Glad I was able to help you out and good luck with your studies. Also, just to let you know the refund check will still be part of your educational loan that will need to be repaid and you will have to start making payments 6 months after you graduate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will the IRS send my refund check to my account in ireland [ 1 Answers ]

Will the IRS send my refund check to my bank account in ireland I am leaving here now

Fafsa questions? [ 10 Answers ]

I applied for FAFSA 2 weeks ago through the internet and haven't gotten a responses does this mean I am denied

FAFSA and Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out I am pregnant and due 09/20/09, amd a freshman now and living on campus. Its time to fill out the FAFSA again, I feel I would have a better chance on the amount of funding and grants if I file on my own instead of my parents. I will probably switch over to a junior college and of...

State of WA. My old boss won't send me my check! [ 3 Answers ]

Normally we get paid on the 16th, and the boss just writes out a simple check, however I moved home to Oregon, and now my old boss will not answer my phone calls, and told the other employees not to transfer my calls to her when I call the restaurant. I don't want to drag this out much longer, but...

Insurance send me a check [ 4 Answers ]

Dear all After the insurance send to me to an auto body shop for an estimation. The insurance company send me a check without give me any clue about the containte of the report and what this payment includes. In other words they do not let me know the containts of the report and never asked me...

View more questions Search