Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bulls173v Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Why does my computer reboots autmatically as soon I start downloading?
    As soon I start downloading anything on my compyter it restarts automatically, also when I go on command prompt it does the same thing. I don't know what should I do to fix this problem any suggestions, Ideas will be greatly appriciated. Thank you for reading.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2011, 05:04 AM
    Specs? Include what operating system you are using.

Have you updated your computer recently? Installed any programs or made any hardware changes recently?

Do you see any error message or error screen before it reboots?

If you are running Windows, it is possible a blue screen is flashing with error information, and then restarting right away.
    Disabling Blue Screen Of Death Auto-Reboot - Windows XP Tips and Tweaks on Tune XP

If you disable the auto-restart, then try getting the info from the error message and searching for it. You should find some information about correcting it.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2011, 01:13 PM
    So likes a prett nasty virus... If you're not very computer savvy you may have to leave this one to the pros... Virus removal is pretty cheap these days though
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by farvaknowsbest View Post
    So likes a prett nasty virus... If you're not very computer savvy you may have to leave this one to the pros... Virus removal is pretty cheap these days though
    Nothing he posted indicates a virus.

Ok also aside from what OS and version your running what browser(s) are you running. Also do you have additional toolbars/search bars installed?

I would suggest removing all toolbars/searchbars then reinstalling your web browser(s) then letting us know if the problem is still persisting. Also

Also try restoring from a restore point before this issue appeared as it could be other software you loaded/corrupted files. If its corrupted files the above part should fix your DL issue, then you just have to reinstall command prompt, which depends greatly on what os/service pack etc your running.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    nothing he posted indicates a virus.

Ok also aside from what OS and version your running what browser(s) are you running. Also do you have additional toolbars/search bars installed?

I would suggest removing all toolbars/searchbars then reinstalling your web browser(s) then letting us know if the problem is still persisting. also

also try restoring from a restore point before this issue appeared as it could be other software you loaded/corrupted files. if its corrupted files the above part should fix your DL issue, then you just have to reinstall command prompt, which depends greatly on what os/service pack etc your running.

So you're telling me there aren't any viruses out there that randomly reboot your computer? Ok.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer reboots itself randomly [ 4 Answers ]

I am having problems with my computer restarting out of nowhere. Sometimes when it restarts, it goes all the way through but sometimes it gets stuck and doesn't restart but the power light is still on. I just recently took it in to get repaired and they put in a new power supply. Everything was...

Computer reboots by itself [ 11 Answers ]

OS win2000. Computer reboots by itself. It might work 5 minutes and reboot or several hours and reboot. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Computer reboots for no reason [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone help me with this problem. I am running XP that has all of the updates from MicroSoft. For no reason it will shut down and reboot while I'm looking at things on the net or reading the AJC paper on-line. I have NOD32 virus protection and ewido 3.5 mal-ware protection. I just totally...

Computer reboots whenever it chooses! [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has Windows ME. It has a mind of its own. It shuts down and reboots whenever it decides to. I have reloaded Windows ME. What else should I do?

Computer Reboots [ 5 Answers ]

My computer reboots whenever it feels like it... What is causes that?

View more questions Search