Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dljasmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2003, 09:51 PM
    How can I sell a story
    I want to sell a book if possible. How do you get started? I read one author just submitted a manuscript. What ecactly is a manuscript? The whole story? Are there contest for writing?
    kumquat Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
    How can I sell a story
    Get yourself a copy of the Writers Market 2003 - select your market and go for it - all of the information is there. Just go to a bookstore and select Best Magazines, whatever you want to submit to and submit. They will also list tons of contests - subscribe to Writers Digest or pick it up at a newstand, but beware of contests... and enter with caution especially if there is a fee.
    duhknow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 07:19 PM
    Getting your book published/ getting started
    Hi,

I am in the process of also writing a book.

There are lots of good books out there about getting published. It's just sorting through all of them and finding what you need. I find that looking in the index for exactly what I want is helpful. I keep looking until I find a good book.
    Unfortunately, there is no one book with all the information that you probably need.

A good place to look for some good books on writing a book and getting published is the library. Especially, if you don't want to buy books right now.
    Then you can find the one's that are the most helpful and maybe then buy those.

Also a good place to ask questions is going to www.writersdigest.com.

They have all sorts of good information. You can also send e-mails for advice and questions.

GOOD LUCK!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sell Online [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir Hi , I'm living in Iran and wants to use "Sell Online" on my web sites to sell my products online and receive its money (earned via eshopping) by cheque , Some gateway american companies have no services for Iran , Can you tell me some company that support Iran ? Best and kindest...

Buy Sell and Exchange [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me any good sites that you can "Buy Sell and Exchange" videos and dvds ? (Ireland or UK)

View more questions Search