Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicole808 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 06:42 AM
    Can you help me with my chemistry homework?
    When we trace the development of atomic theory, we can see how the early form of an idea is modified rather than thrown out by later discoveries. Do you recognize parallels to this modification of basic ideas in other kinds of human experience? Explain please cause I really have no idea what's that.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2011, 09:35 AM
    That is a strange homework you've got my friend... It's the first time that I see an essay-type chemistry question. Oh well, I guess there's a start to everything ;)

If I got the question well, you are asked where you can find an example of where old ideas are not plainly and crudely discarded because of later discoveries, but are instead modified and explained why errors were introduced in the old idea in question. Something smoother, like for example,

"The previous theory was wrong because they didn't and couldn't get the absolute zero, but now that it is possible, we have found that ..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry homework [ 2 Answers ]

Q.) A student performs this lab using 0.122 grams of magnesium with excess acid. She collects 127 mL of product gas (over a water bath) at 23.0°C and an atmospheric pressure of 757.2 mmHg. A.) Using the mass of magnesium, calculate the number of moles of product gas produced, via...

Need help with my chemistry homework please help! [ 11 Answers ]

Assume that if iodine is allowed to migrate freely between equal volumes of water and kerosene, 90% of it will end up in the kerosene and 10% in the water. If you started with 1.0g of iodine total in the water layer, and extraceted with an equal volume of kerosene how much iodine would remain in...

Chemistry homework 2 [ 1 Answers ]

1. ) 0.35 moles of ammonium sulfate would have a mass of what grams.

Chemistry homework 3 [ 1 Answers ]

1.) the molar mass of bromine gas is what.

View more questions Search