Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FnOzi Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Home page,how ?
    I may be out of my depth,but I wish to make my home page (mail2web) an advertisement for my business.
    1/ Can this be done? and
    2/ How does a beginner like myself start the process?

Thanks in advance for ANY assistance,it is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers FnOzi.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Feb 3, 2007, 06:26 AM
    You can usually get some space to make a home page from your Internet Service Provider. If you want to have your own unique web address you will need to have a web service provide you with paid space. You can now get a shared web server for about $5.00 a month just search for web site provider or web hosting. You will need to know how to write html or have a software program like dreamweaver. You can learn how to write html by searching "learn html" or you could take a class at a local college. The biggest thing to know about a web site is nobody will know it exists unless you tell them. It's called marketing and the greatest use for a website for your business is to better communicate to your clientele. If you have a unique product available in different sizes and colors a web site is great. I hope this helps. Darrel1953
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Ask mail2Web. They may offer templates to do that or they may allow you to design your own HTML page(s) and use that on the space they provide. If not, then you will have to subscribe to a WEB host service, which also means getting your own domain. You can then learn HTML and other aspects of WEB page design or hire a designer to do the job for you. Many WEB hosts offer packages that include design services.

Don't expect to put up a page and have ir pop up on search engines and bring in business. Unless you have a unique product or service, your page will probably be buried several search pages deep. Most WEB pages should be used as a supplement to traditional marketing. A way of providing more in-depth info about your business rather then a first line ad.
    FnOzi Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
    I will investigate the literature you recommended.
    Cheers FnOzi...
    willardbay1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 11:51 PM
    You should talk to mail2web and ask them if they will sponsor your page, or you can make you own web page in a word document and save it as an html or webpage document and put a link to mail2web.com or something and you can make your webpage a domain at
    Internet Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfers. Your domain name search starts here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Page different on IE & Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed my Yahoo home page is different in Firefox & IE. What would the reason be for this? How do you change these pages to look the same?

Can`t change home page [ 4 Answers ]

When I go into internet options to change my home page, none of the buttons will let me click on them in the home page area so I cannot change my home page, any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance, Mike

Home Page Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can`t change my home page in internet options, where it says " you can change which page to use for your homepage" the links are grey and not clickable? Any advice anybody, thanks Mike.

Hijacked Home Page [ 3 Answers ]

My Home Page is continually hijacked. I have run all the latest updates for SpyBot and Adware6 (As of July, 31, 2004). They have removed an incredible amount of "junk" from my computer however I still get a homepage listed, res://gvwda.dll/index.html#44272. I have to enter "Tools" and manually...

Help me with home page... [ 1 Answers ]

I have big problem with my home page... when I start up my comp it is always same home page ------------------------------>go.targetsearch... a can fix it in internet tools but if I turn off my comp an again turn on----again that page?? Please help... This is probably the most frustration I've...

View more questions Search