Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KCass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Plumbing over pipes
    Our plumber came in and broke up our basement to put pipes in for a small bathroom. We now need to cement over it so he can come back and put the copper piping in. Is there a place to go or can you help us proceed in the right direction for pouring the cement? Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Ask your plumber what his plan is for the floor. In most jobs if I break out a floor I do the reinstall or hire a sub. I would never leave this up to the home owner unless he was trying to save a few dollars by being a general contractor for himself.
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Sep 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Step one you don't concrete directly over pipes, pipes in direct contact with cement are prone to breakage, I recommend covering the pipes with gravel substrate, preferably 3/8" minus, and pack it down with a hand tamper.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
    What are you asking? If the copper goes under the slab or overhead? If you have no manifold handy so you can supply the fixtures with soft copper then you can run under ground. If not then he pipes overhead with hard copper. Does this answer your question? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a camp far in the woods and I let my kitchen faucet run in fear of it freazing.Well it did from outside the camp under the camp somewear.what can I do to thaw it cheap;being I don't have much mony.Help me please.

Plumbing pipes banging [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn off the water, hot or cold, in any faucet in the house or after the toilets have been flushed there is a loud banging sound. WHY? Please help!!

Roaring Plumbing Pipes [ 1 Answers ]

In response to ballengerb1, it is city water, not well water. We've been in the house 38 years so the plumbing is not new - just the roar! If we leave a faucet running just a little bit, it helped alleviate the roar. Now we have to open the faucet all the way or do a batch of laundry. Yes - all...

Roaring Plumbing Pipes [ 2 Answers ]

The pipes in my basement are roaring! The pipes vibrate during the roaring. It starts at about 11:00 PM and lasts until around 3:00 AM. The roaring ceases if I turn on a faucet. Does anyone know what causes this?

Air in plumbing pipes [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out why there is air spitting and sputtering and blasting out of all my fixtures - including the toilet?? I had a hot water heater installed recently, and my water softener isn't working except manually... I bled the air from the pipes when the water heater was installed months ago...

View more questions Search