Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zoe2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Preventing father from visitation
    My child is 3 and her father is on drugs and has a 15 year old pregnant his house got drug raided a week ago and he physically and menatlly abused me. He hasn't seen my daughter in over a year and recently I've been getting harassed by his family can I stop him seeing my daughter?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2011, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2011 View Post
    can i stop him seeing my daughter?
    Hello Zoe:

Do you have a court ordered visitation agreement? If not, you DON'T have to. Of course, he can go to court and GET an order of visitation..

excon
    Zoe2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Im getting an injuction sent out on Thursday they've been saying for two years they are taking me to court but haven't does this mean she has to see him?
    Can I get my fiancé to adopt her?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2011, 06:16 AM
    Can i get my fiance to adopt her?
    Hello again, Z:

When he's your husband, you can.

excon
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Im getting an injuction sent out on thursday theyve been saying for two years they are taking me to court but havent does this mean she has to see him?
    Can i get my fiance to adopt her?
    1. Most states require marriage of AT LEAST one year before a step-parent adoption can happen.

2. You need to get the biological father's permission for an adoption to happen--sounds like he won't give it.

3. In order to have an adoption go through without his permission, you need to PROVE that it is COMPLETELY in the child's best interests to never have him in her life---which is VERY difficult to do. Even with a history of drugs and abuse (which I'm sure you have documented with police reports... right?), he may still be able to get SUPERVISED visitation with your child if you go to court.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Do you have all of the evidence to cover the statements your making against the father?

It can't be just rumors or hearsay.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Without a court order for visitation you do not need to allow it. However, the father can go to court and obtain visitation and your denial of it might work against you.

On the other hand, if you can prove the abuse, threats and drug issues, you may be able to prevent visitation or at least require supervised visitation.

If he has gotten a 15 yr old pregnant, have you reported that to the police? He may be guilty of statutory rape.

As for your fiancée adopting see what the others have said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation, but the father never comes? [ 10 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Visitation rights as a father [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 8months baby that lives with the mother right now... there was a problem with me and the baby mother mom... so now she took that against me and I haven't seen my baby since August, I'm worry for my child because of crazy grandmother but I need to know how to get my visitation rights the...

My son's father, visitation, etc [ 11 Answers ]

I have so many questions and concerns right now, I don't even know what to do anymore! First off, my ex-boyfriend and I have a child together. I recently moved out of his house, and back in with my parents. We were never married, so I know that means that I have sole custody of our son. I'm...

Visitation with father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

Visitation to father? Should I? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

View more questions Search