Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Sep 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Dizziness and Ear Fullness?
    Hello. I'm a 20 year old girl. I'm active and healthy and don't eat unhealthy foods very often. I have been taking Lexapro for about 8 months now for anxiety. Lately, about the past 3 days or so, I have been EXTREMELY dizzy. And my ears feel like someone either plugged them up, or they have water in them. Or like when your on a plane and your ears don't pop. Anyway, I have TMJ and was wondering if this could be linked? Or is there something here I should be worrying about? ):
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
    I had TMJ for many years after an accident. The fullness of the ears is one of the symptoms as well as the entire jaw area hurting and sometimes the entire neck AND head hurting as well. The dizzyness is NOT a part of the TMJ though. Dizzyness IS a side effect of Lexapro. He may wish to adjust your dosage accordingly. And since you say extreme dizzyness then definitely contact him as soon as you can.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 10, 2011, 06:19 PM
    We don't diagnose here. Extreme diziness should be told to the doctor prescribing, and he or she will probably tell you to see someone about your ears. Your ears have moving parts that keep your balance, and when there is liquid or mucous in your ears it can make you dizzy, as can hardened wax pressing against the eardrum. Your ears also drain mucous down the eustacian tube to the throat, and your tube can be clogged or even collapsed. Of course there are other reasons for dizziness too, but those are the most common.

Sometimes inhaling steam, drinking tons of water/fluids, gargling warm salt water, and taking decongestants helps within a few hours. After calling the doctor.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2011, 09:46 PM
    In any case any new symptoms whether it could be linked to side effects to medications or not need to be assessed by the doctor. Plus if everybody else looked at the op post. She has been taking medications for 8 months now, and these symptoms new, have just started the last 3 days. So before assuming it is medications side effects or assume anything else it is better to advise the op to see her doctor to get assessed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear itch,bad headache,bone pain,sore throat and dizziness [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I started having a bad headache about 2 weeks ago. It feels as feel my head is being squeezed from both sides towards the center. I also have a lot of tenderness that starts where the ears are located and travels towards underneath the eyes.It's not the skin that hurts but the actual...

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Liquid in middle ear caused by shower spray directly in ear. [ 2 Answers ]

I sprayed the shower spray in my ears. The result is I have liquid in my middle ear. I have lost some of my hearing in both ears. I am now using a nose spray prescribed by the doctor. Has anyone else ever done this stupid thing and does anyone know what the outcome might be? Ty ...

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

View more questions Search