Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmhorne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Distance,rate, and time problems
    At the same time Kris leaves Washington, D.C. For Detroit, Amy leaves Detroit for Washington, D.C. The distance between the cities is 510 miles. Amy's speed is 5 mph faster than Kris. How fast is Kris driving if they pass each other in 6 hours?
    bmhorne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 05:27 PM
    The answer I came up with is 80 mph, not sure if I did this correctly, please help
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Um... no, I am getting something else. (I might be wrong though, it's very late here right now :p)

Could you show us your work so that we know where you might have got wrong? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate - time - distance problem [ 4 Answers ]

A state police officer is chasing a car he believes is speeding. The officer is traveling at 70mph to try and catch up with the car. But he can't say later that the other car was going 70mph because the driver could ask, "If we were going the same speed, how did you catch up? Obviously I was going...

Rate-time-disance problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time with this algebra stuff, especially with rate-time-disance problems. And I was wondering if any of you could help me with these problems. But best of all help me understand this whole rate-time-disance thing. So here are the problems. Kwan hiked up a hill at 4km/h...

Rate-Time-Distance problem.. help! [ 4 Answers ]

I don't get his "Rate-Time-Distance" Problem given to me... it's confusing to me!:confused: :eek: HELP!:eek: Can you show me how to do it?? :D Here's the problem... :) At. 7:00 am Mr. Van starts jogging at 6 mi/h. At 7:10 am you start after him along the same path. How fast must you...

View more questions Search