Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzmrizu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 08:25 AM
    Nosey Dielectric Coupling
    I came across this post looking for an alternative as well, such as brass fittings. The dielectric couplings installed are very noisy with water flow. These are exposed pipes in a loft style apartment, I rerouted two separate pipes replacing a galvanized section with copper in each (actually had a plumber come in as the work had to be by a licensed plumber).

Insulating the pipe has not worked. These are the common plumbing feeds between apartments and it has caused us to literally lose sleep.

How can I quite these things down? The noise is emanating at each dielectric coupling like a loudspeaker.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a dielectric coupling [ 0 Answers ]

What exactly reason to use Di electric union in FCU/ AHU piping connection?

Fernco neoprene coupling to connect two PVC pipes instead of a pvc repair coupling? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, A plumber was replacing some plumbing in our shower area. He connected two 2" PVC pipes that ran directly into each other with a Fernco Neoprene Coupling. In another place, he connected two 3" PVC pipes that ran directly into each other with a second Fernco Neoprene Coupling. In both cases...

How nosey can they be? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how specific an administrator can be about treatment and the denial of a claim. I was told that after 5 weeks they still do not have enough info the pay my claim. How can this be?

Flexible coupling vs. No-hub coupling [ 3 Answers ]

I have to add a sanitary tee fitting to a PVC 3" vertical waste stack. I haven't cut into the pipe yet, but I'm reasonably certain that I'm not going to have enough slack or play in the either end of the pipe to work in a PVC fitting and cement it. From reading this forum it sounds like a no-hub...

Repair coupling and rigester coupling [ 4 Answers ]

What is the deffernce between the repair coupling and the rigester coupling in PVC fittings? I knew the deffrence in shape and that the first is used in small places wher you add or fix an exsisting line, and the last one is always used in first fixing and installatin. But can I always use the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search