Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frantz10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 09:04 PM
    Vector addition
    Consider two vector A and B and their resulting A+B.the magnitude of the vector A and B are 13.2 and 8.2 they act at 45 degree to each other
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Is your question to find the magnitude of the resultant vector, that is vector A+B?

I suggest you make a sketch, making it as close as possible to the given measurements. Draw the resultant vector, and use the method of parallelogram of vectors to get a parallelogram and giving you triangles with which you can work with, using the cosine rule most probably.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics Question on Vector Addition and Newton's Laws [ 7 Answers ]

A child on a toboggan (combined weight 70kg) is pulled from rest on a level surface by two friends. The first friend pulls with a force of 100N in the North-West direction and the second friend pulls with a force of 60N in the direction 20 degrees East of North. What is the net force exerted on the...

Do you divide the given vector by the magnitude to find the unit vector? [ 1 Answers ]

The problem asks me to find a unit vector in the direction of the given vector. The problem is w=i-2j and another is w=2j.

Finding an angle give a vector and the magnitude of another vector. [ 3 Answers ]

On her way to grandmas, red ridding hood sat down her 1.2kg basket. A wolf came up beside her and began to pull on the basket with a force of 6.4N at an angle 25 degrees with respect to vertical. Red pulled back with force of 12 N. if the net force on the basket is straight up at what angle was...

Vector addition using component method [ 1 Answers ]

The route followed by a hiker consists of three displacement vectors a, b, and c. Vector a is along a measured trail and is 1550 m in a direction 29.0° north of east. Vector b is not along a measured trail, but the hiker uses a compass and knows that the direction is 41.0° east of south. Similarly,...

View more questions Search