Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Red52266 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 05:47 AM
    I live in the U.S. But am looking for my father who I believe lives in Thessaloniki
    Hello. I have been looking to locate my father who lived in the U.S. But now lives in Greece, I believe Thessaloniki. I have googled, tried the greecian net and even Facebook. I know his year of birth but can't make any progress. Can someone please help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
    Usually your best bet is to try people who also knew or know him still. One of them knows someone who knows someone...
    And actually Facebook is a pretty good place to start.
    You could also sign up for Genie and Ancestry.com, in case other relatives are there too.
    That city in Greece is pretty big. I found someone in a small town once just by going to the town post office and asking where they lived. (Of course that was many years ago.)

Sep 8, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Thank you so much. I may try one person he was/is friends with providing I can locate him. I appreciate your help.
    TurningPages Posts: 36, Reputation: 11

Sep 16, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Hi, I'm Greek and the first and simplest way that comes in my mind in order to locate someone in Greece is OTE white pages. Have you tried that?

Sep 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Thank you for your response. I actually tried that and wasn't able to get any info. I have however been in touch with the U.S. Embassy in Athens you suggest that I speak with an attorney who specializes in this sort of thing and who speaks English also. Sounds expensive but I believe it may be worth it. I now have what I believe is a valid address so, I'm getting closer.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spouse earns all income and lives in NV, I live in AZ. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband lives and works in NV. I live in Az and do not work. Do we have to file an AZ return since no income was earned in AZ?

My daughter lives in a different state and now wants to live with me in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

My divorce was done in California and I had custody of my daughter at that time then joined the army and I was sent to iraq my ex was just supossed to be keeping her until I returned but went behind my back and got custody of her and I knew nothing of it until I returned that was in 2005 she is now...

My 12 year old son wants to live with me, he lives with his dad [ 3 Answers ]

My 12 year old son wants to live with me I am his mum, he has been living with his dad for the past 5 years and half,he is not getting on with dad I still have his custody as I dindt sign any papers to pass the custody over to his dad , he wants to move in with me in 4 weeks, I need to know if I...

I live in North Carolina and he lives in Florida. [ 2 Answers ]

I moved to North Carolina from the state of Florida and my ex-fiance now has a new girlfriend after only three weeks. I am four months pregnant and he states that he wants to sign over his parental rights so that he doesn't have to pay child support. If he signs over his rights can I still file...

Claiming a grandchild that lives with you or does father that lives elsewhere? [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 year old daughter lives with me full time, is full time high school student, has had a baby 12/5/07 and the baby also lives with me. I do claim my daughter as a dependent. The baby is covered by his fathers insurance. Who claims the baby as a dependent on their taxes, the father or myself?

View more questions Search