Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Rugby ... I kinda like the idea of football without helmets. But Rugby hasn't discovered yet how the forward pass has improved the game.
    It is called football Tom and the reason is that a forward pass is achieved by kicking the ball. The americans haven't yet learned how football is improved by applying Australian Rules and all without body armor. If you watch a game of Rugby you will find that the ball is passed by throwing much less than you might think
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2011, 01:27 PM
    See here's the thing when you are a kid in the US you basically play rugby with your friends. It's a pick up game of football. No pads sometimes not even grass. If you lived in North Philly Like me you played football in the street and yes we tackled each other in the middle of the street. That is why not many American's care about Rugby cause we have been playing with no pads since we were 6.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
    ^^^ Thumbs up!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    See here's the thing when you are a kid in the US you basically play rugby with your friends. It's a pick up game of football. No pads sometimes not even grass. If you lived in North Philly Like me you played football in the street and yes we tackled each other in the middle of the street. That is why not many American's care about Rugby cause we have been playing with no pads since we were 6.
    You think that makes a difference, we too play the various codes of football from an early age and none of them have protective clothing. The rules are a little blurred, call it Rugby if you like. I played Rugby in school sports and League and Soccer in "friendly" home matches. You don't care about Rugby because you have no tradition of playing the game, just as we have no tradition of playing Gridiron. In the south they play Aussie Rules and are fanatical about it, although it makes no sense to us but we have to admire their ball skills. We can't figure out what it is you are doing, I guess it's a cultural thing
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Yeah I guess it is a cultural thing.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 09:25 AM
    I'm thankful we at least played in the grass.

P.S. Am I forever stuck in the new AMHD website? I hate it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm thankful we at least played in the grass.

P.S. Am I forever stuck in the new AMHD website? I hate it.
    Speech I was able to get out of the new website. I think in your profile there is a little link that says switch back to old site. But back to football. One day we had the "bright" idea to try and play football on Broad Street that didn't work out so well. To many speeding cars.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 10:24 AM
    In your profile hit 'settings ' .There is a link to bring you back to the old site.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 10:42 AM
    I knew I'd seen that take me back to the old style thing before, I just missed it looking a my settings because it's so small and I keep getting more visually challenged.

I don't like the new site, just thought I'd repeat that for the powers that be.

I played football in the street, but we played touch. I knew how hard that pavement was, lol.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
    I too have scars on my knees and elbows from tackling on concrete. Boy... memories.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Film from late 50's or 60's about a fox that kept tricking fox hunters, [ 1 Answers ]

Think was children's film Foundation Had fox in title

Classical Song On Fox Sports [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to help a friend of mine found out the title of a classical song played on Fox Sports from the 2001 World Series game between DiamondBacks and Yankees,here's a link to his entry on YouTube so you can listen to the song.. Thanks.. YouTube - Who makes this classical track?

Classy Look [ 3 Answers ]

I would be grateful to anyone who can help. My fiancé has what you might refer to as a street look. Nevertheless, she is the most feminine woman I have ever met. Soon, we will be attending my work Christmas party. I want to show her that she can have more than one look to choose from. Hence, I...

Too classy? Please help! [ 4 Answers ]

So I am in my last year of high school, and I have not had a serious boyfriend. A few hookups, but nothing serious. And no guys have ever asked me out. And every guy that I like and likes me, turns out to be totally full of himself. I must admit, I am a very classy girl, but that makes me think,...

View more questions Search