Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I have to face my friend tomorrow - what do I do?
    Some of you know the story of my female friend who no longer wants to talk to or do anything with me on a personal level, but we probably would be doing some collaboration on line in a project.

I have just found out that I will have to see her at a meeting tomorrow... (I was hoping to avoid a face to face contact and work by email with her). I am really dreading the situation. I can't avoid the meeting and I'm really nervous that my feelings will get the best of me. Not sure what to do. It's a very emotional situation for me and I'm afraid I'll break down in front of "the gang" :eek: . You need to understand... I cry at Hallmark commercials... and this woman was the best friend I ever had in my entire life...
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 2, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Yikes. No chance at all of calling in sick? ;)

How much will you be interacting directly with her at the meeting? If it's not much, you should be able to do a pretty good job of avoiding the trouble altogether... avoid eye contact with her, and be sure to concentrate on the other people in the meeting and on your own notes. You may also want to have a few hand tricks... counting on your fingers, doing patterns, and similar underneath the table to give you something to focus on.

Set yourself up with a way out for the end of the meeting... don't hang around afterwards, even if you have to invent another meeting that you have to go to in order to get out of chatting with others there... that is the biggest risk for getting caught in an awkward situation. Also, don't show up early... get there as close to the actual start of the meeting as possible.

Good luck, and don't worry about it too much... the anticipation is going to be worse than the event.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help me what will happen to me tomorrow [ 6 Answers ]

What is going to happen to me tomorrow

Can't face my friend [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very close friend whoes more like my sis , she liked sumone but that fellow doesn't love her but she still wants his friendship . I told her to forget him and move on but all in vein and she is now blaming me for all her problms because I didn't stop her in the begning due to this our...

Investing In The Energy Of Tomorrow [ 1 Answers ]

As oil rises the demand for alternative fuel gets higher marks I think wind power is a vital area for the future but I don't know for sure What would be the best fuel source to invest in ethinol, wind, solar, all? What kind of stocks could someone recommend? Thank you Don

Algebra help! - test tomorrow! (help!) [ 2 Answers ]

There are a few problems that I am having trouble with. I hope someone can help me figure them out (& please explain how you got them). Robin is having her yard landscaped. She obtained an estimate from two landscaping companies. Company A gave an estimate of $210 for materials and equipment...

Algebra 2.. Final tomorrow!. Help! [ 1 Answers ]

1. Write the slope-intercept form of the line that passes through the point (-2,-5) and is parallel to the line y=-6x+1. 2. Find all real zeros of the function: g(x)=2x(cubed)-x(squared)-10x+5 3. Write the polynomial as a product of linear factors. x(cubed)-2x(squared)-9x+18 4. Multiply...

View more questions Search