Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2011, 08:22 AM
    "New" CPR method?
    An email is circulating, stating that this "New" method of CPR ("Continuous Chest Compression") is better than the one that so many know or have heard of.

Here is a link:
    Learn Sarver Heart Center's Continuous Chest Compression CPR | College of Medicine

Is it really better than the "traditional" method of CPR?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Is it really better than the "traditional" method of CPR?
    Hello Rick:

I watched the video. I'm convinced.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 09:30 AM
    I think part of the issue is that almost no one is properly trained in tradition CPR, and if you don't train and practice if you don't keep sharp, then you will not do head tilts and breathes properly anyway. And in real life when it is sort of nasty to do so usually, it is less effective often.

So I don't know that the new is "better" but it is better when done by the normal person in most cases in real life.

As a para phrase as our CPR instructor told us earlier this year. If we are good at the normal CPR, do it, ( two person team is better for it) if not, use the new method
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 09:44 AM
    The suggestion to use "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees as the rhythmic prompt reminds me of The Office episode where the office gang started singing and dancing around the CPR "manikin" on the floor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Yes, this is a new method that can be used without BLS or ACLS certification.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2011, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, this is a new method that can be used without BLS or ACLS certification.
    Do you believe that it is better than the "traditional" version of CPR?

And in reality, can't "anyone" use traditional CPR, even if they are not certified?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2011, 05:38 AM
    In reality you can use CPR without certification as you would be covered under the Good Samaritan Act. You still can, however, be sued if something goes wrong.

I don't believe it's BETTER than traditional because there is no mouth-to-mouth. A person needs oxygen perfusion as well if they are not breathing.
    georgeua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 02:12 AM
    Is this an accepted method throughout Australia?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Transferring cost in "weighted-average method" [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The problem says that the data is prepared by unexperienced accountant. The Beginning WIP is 8000units; materials 100% complete; conversion 7/8 complete... $22,420* Cost transferred in from the previous department... $81,480 *Consists of cost transferred in, $8,820; materials cost, $3,400;...

Engraving Of "urim & Thummim" The Method! [ 7 Answers ]

ENGRAVING OF THE STONES OF THE "URIM & THUMMIM!" WHAT WAS THE METHOD? One of the greatest forms of Bible Study or Christian discussion is not merely questions/answers or debate; rather, a contribution of ideas. I've found this lacking (to my dismay) in the majority of the forums of which...

View more questions Search