Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papawtrent Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat
    When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. heat on the pad but no heat. The aux. heat works in manual mode. I think a setup code is wrong since it has never done right. Could someone help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I don't get your question. When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. it says aux heat because it is aux heat. Set temp within 1 degree of room temp, is the heat pump working?

Feb 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    I dont get your question. When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. it says aux heat because it is aux heat. Set temp within 1 degree of room temp, is the heat pump working?
    The thermostat reads aux. heat, but the elements are not coming on. When moved to manual aux. heat, it comes on. The red light then comes on in the upper right corner of thermostat.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Is this a heat pump?

Feb 3, 2007, 01:28 PM
    This is a 1 year old replacement 3 1/2 ton Goodman heating and air. Heat pump works fine except when it gets cold enough and calls for aux. heat. The thermostat displays aux. heat, but the elements don't come on. It works on emergency heat. The new thermostat was installed at the same time the heat pump was replaced. All wires seem to be connected correctly on thermostat.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Put a jumper wire in from aux and emergancy. If you can tell me what the terminals are on that stat I can be more specific.

Feb 4, 2007, 07:43 PM
    These are the terminals and connections on this thermostat. Y2,L, E- blue wire, aux.-white wire, S1,S2, RC-R- red wire, O/B-orange wire. Y-yellow wire. G- green wire. C- black wire.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Ok jumper E and Aux

Feb 5, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Its 20 degrees and its working like a charm. Thanks very much, and my wife thanks you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

Honeywell Rth7000 Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a honeywell rth7000 thermostat, i am installing in a old house that only uses 2 wires, one is green and the other brown, can anyone advise me how to connect these 2 wires to this unit i am not sure exactly where to connect them to on the honeywell thermostat--thanks

HoneyWell Thermostat Miracle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a home that was built back in the 1960s. I am thinking this furnace is probably the original (LOL) My wife and I decided to re-texture and repaint the walls in our living room just two weekends ago. After painting the walls white, that gold colored thermostat stood out like a soar...

Honeywell rth230b thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

We hooked up the honeywell programmable thermostat and it was working fine for 10 days or so until this weekend when the temperature should be at 67 all day from 6am to 10pm and 62 from 10pm until 6am on sat and sun. this weekend the thermostat does not bring the temp up to 67 but it leaves it at...

View more questions Search