Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Building a resume to get a better job on Capitol Hill
    Right now I'm in kind of a rough spot. I have an internship on the Hill, on the senate side and hae already had anther internship working for my congressman and volunteered on his campaign. Right now my family is going through some rough financial times and I'm becoming a financial drain on my parents. I need to have a job by the time this internship ends in December. I'm looking for anything that I can do on the side that pays and would look good on a Hill resume. Anybody have any ideas?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 11:12 AM
    What sort of job are you thinking of? Are you still in school? Do you speak another language fluently? Do you have special skills, say, with people or children or animals?

(I will help you put together an awesome resume.)

Sep 6, 2011, 11:20 AM
    I'm trying to work in a reps or senaters or a committee. I want to work in legislation at some point.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 11:24 AM
    Is there a "help wanted" ad sheet for the Hill?

Sep 6, 2011, 11:53 AM
    There are job bulletins in newsletters and in a couple of papers but most of the jobs are by word of mouth. I'm just trying to have a great resume to drop for any job I hear about
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 11:54 AM
    Have you put together a resume yet?

Yes, word of mouth is the best way to find a job.

Sep 6, 2011, 12:05 PM
    I have, I'm just looking for something more to add to it while I'm still interning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone help me with a Job Resume? [ 40 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 15 year old female, I will be 16 the beginning of September. At 16 I will be able to work without a permit so it will be a little bit easier to get a job I enjoy. I understand that I am at the bottom of the highering pile but I do have Job experience. I have worked in two fast food...

How do I resume unemployment benefits if I take a seasonal job for 3 months only? [ 5 Answers ]

I began drawing unemployment the middle of June 2009. I'm considering applying for a seasonal job lasting three months only. I know my initial claim will discontinue once beginning a new job. My question is, once I'm laid off from the new job, do I refile a claim and continue drawing from my...

My husband is looking for good job can someone critique his resume? [ 4 Answers ]

Attached is a my husband's resume in 2003-2007 Microsoft Word format. Thank you so much for helping us out. He has never had to make a resume before, and I have always worked for my grandparents. I just took a class that had a section on resumes, but I am still too unsure of myself to rely on...

Resume needed if I am filling in a job application? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to write a resume too if I am filling in a job application?

View more questions Search