Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aidola Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
    How to get pregnant w/o seeing a doctor?
    Hi everyone!

I am 34 and trying to get pregnant, however found myself not ready to go to a doctor yet. Is there any way, me & my husband can try 1st before seeing an ob-gyn? At least a conventional way? We've been trying to get pregnant for more than a year now, by the way. Do you guys think it's still possible in our case? Help anyone...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Have you ever been to a GYN?

Feb 2, 2007, 04:12 PM
    No I haven't been; I don't think I'm ready for it. Is that the only way to get pregnant?
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 04:16 PM
    No, to get pregnant you have to have sex, LOL. A doctor can't get you pregnant.

With that said, it is VERY important to see a doctor once a year for a female exam once a gal begins to have sex.

You need to have a yearly pap smear to make sure you are healthy down there, i.e. no cancer... a breast exam to make sure you do not have cancer.

I think it is WAY WAY WAY past time that you visit a doctor for your reproductive health.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 04:17 PM
    If you are ready to have sex, you are ready to have a yearly physical.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Why don't you think you are ready to see an ob/gyn? If you are 34 and not ready yet, when will you be ready? If you wait too long, it very well could be too late. I don't think anyone enjoys going to get a physical exam, but there are times in life when you just have to do things you are uncomfortable, in order to keep yourself healthy. If you are embaressed, trust me, your doc sees so many women a day, they all blend together, and they have already seen hundreds of other women in their careers, and many more to come. Its nothing out of the ordinary to them. The exam itself is rather fast. If you are serious about getting preggy, you really should be more considerate of your health. Once you get preggy, you ARE going to have to get exams and see a doc. The last month or so of your pregnancy you have to get an exam at each appointment. (your last month you have an appointment every week,plus when you give birth, you are exposed to the world) Just relax, make an appointment, and when you are done, you'll see there was nothing to worry about, and you will be glad to have it done and over, and you will not have to wonder if anything is wrong or not anymore. Good luck.
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Feb 2, 2007, 10:28 PM
    I wuld suggest you see a doctor. To make sure evertyhing is okay. If you think you aren.t ready now to see one. You'll ned to see one monthly when your pregnant. To make sure both you and the baby are all right.\

As a rule, people who try to hard to become pregnant, usually don't. Being too tense and anxious can backfire. I speak from experience. My hsuband and I tried tooo hard for number two. After a while, we felt number two was never meant o be so we forgot about it. Taking the idea off the table, allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves, then bingo! Pregnant I was. Today we have 2 kids and I'm thankful for both of them.
    If you just relax and enjoy sex with hubby, it's possible it could happen to you as well
    But as the others suggested, I'd see a doc if I were you, just to be on the safe side and that your reproductive health is fine.

Feb 3, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate all your inputs!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy Doctor [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a victim and am seeking answers and a possible solution. While examining me, my doctor went through my purse. I went in complaining of a sinus infection and found it odd that he would have me lay on my right side while he prodded at my back. He asked unrelated repetitive questions. ...

HPT says I'm pregnant (lots of ?'s) -- can't see the doctor until after the holidays [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was scheduled to get my period on Sat. Took two tests both said I was pregnant and then I took another last night and one more this morning. The first two were digital and said pregnant other two were lines and they were there. Last nights was a bit fainter but it was there. Guess I'm still...

Want a key for spyware doctor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals I have searched for spyware doctor3.2 for windows serial but I could not found any can you help me? :o

Question on any doctor [ 1 Answers ]

As I understand, medical doctors receive hundreds of free sample medications from drug companies. I hear that sometimes they are overwhelmed with the free drugs. I know that doctors often give them to their patients. However, do doctors often have excessive medicine that they have no purpose for?...

View more questions Search