Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuliaM126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 12:00 AM
    My dog looks like she's going to vomit but she's not.
    My dogs head keeps jerking forward like she's going to throw up but she hasn't.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 02:58 AM
    Does she have something stuck in her throat ?That would be my first guess.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 04:47 AM
    What kind of dog is it? Is she retching, or just making the movements? One sign of bloat in a dog is unproductive retching.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Because nothing is coming up doesn't mean she isn't feeling nauseated.
    Most times dogs will also make a licking motion when they are nauseated.
    Consider other things as well.
    How is her appetite? Her water intake?
    Could she have gotten into anything? Has she had diarrhea?
    Does she seem painful, uncomfortable, or swollen in her abdomen?
    Try to open her mouth and take a peek inside to see if you see anything that shoudn't be there, toy, stick, anything out of the ordinary.
    It is possible that she has something hung in her throat, it is also possible that something has thrown her digestive system out of whack.
    Also does she take any medications? Some meds can upset the stomach.
    The only real way to find out is to take her in to see the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend says she's not sure she's in love after 6 months ? [ 8 Answers ]

We've been dating for 6 months now and things have been great I the guy came out after 3 months and said I love you... we've been saying it back and forth sense and it hasn't been a big deal or anything.. now the other night she comes out and says I'm not sure I love you the same way you do me and...

Ex girlfriend tells me she's not with anyone but doenst know if she's ready to hang out? Why? [ 8 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread My ex & I broke up, we just ran into each other for the first time in 6 months. She says she still loves me & made a point to tell me she wasn't with anyone - I still love her, I acted cool like I...

How do I stop my dog from peeing when she's excited? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old female Pit Bull and she gets really excited and pees when we come in the house, it isn't a constant thing and she'll go right to her bed when she does it because she knows its bad but I've tried not looking at her but she's just happy watching us walk in the door and then she...

Does she really love me after almost 4 years? She's says she's reserved. [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry for the long story just been a long relationship. Im so confused I've now been with my well nearly 4 years. I met her when I was 24 and she was 18. Its been the perfect relationship. She is a university student and I sjustabout to finish up her degree and I think that's great. Ive been...

View more questions Search