Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t56tr Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Drain recently started gurgleing sound
    Hello, with the help of some great people on this board I replumbed my bath 2 years ago. It has worked flawlessly. However, just recently, the shower drain has started gurgleing. It only does it once in a while, but it has never made a sound in the 2 years since new. Nothing has changed in my house (ie usage, number of people, etc). Here is the link for the original post of how we plumbed it if curious. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/go/explore.php?do=showthread&t=377547&sort=oldest&p=3
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Sep 5, 2011, 10:39 PM
    It doesn't sound like there's a major problem, your plumbing has been there for two years slowly gathering hair and grease. I would recommend you use a good drain cleaner such as drain-o foamer to clean out your showers drain and trap.
    Hope this helps.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 04:55 AM
    Hi T56tr

My opinion, shower drain is partially clogged. Remove the shower strainer and use a coat hanger to fish out any hair/soap scum that may have accumulated, and if needed, snake the drain using an electric hand-held snake... can be rented at a local home improvement store.

You could also use the chemicals as mentioned by lilpoppa, but in most cases with newer shower drains the issue is probably right under the strainer cover, so fishing the crud out is easiest/least expensive and the most complete way to go.

Good luck!

Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 07:51 AM
    I agree with Mark but would pop the $2.75 to buy a Zip-It. This cheap tools works great in situations like yours. Zip-It Clean You can pick one up at Home Depot, ACE and most box stores
    t56tr Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 09:21 PM
    Thanks - Also, by searching, I just read that it could be the main going out to the street? I know when I purchased the house 3 years ago it was plugged shut with roots, and a guy had to rotojet it. Could the roots have come back and it's a main clog?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 07:02 AM
    I doubt the main is the issue, you'd have issues with other or all fixtures with a clogged main. I think you clog is close to he shower drain where the vent stack tees of the drain line

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 65 yrs. Old recently I have started bleeding just like a period, shouldn't be. [ 1 Answers ]

I am 65 yrs. Of age, have been done with periods for 10 to 12 yrs. And now all of a sudden I am bleeding just like a period, this has happened 3 times now. I was given a Pap Smeer, it came back good, no problem there. Then I was put on Prevara for 10 day's, when the 10 day's were up, about 2 to 3...

Just recently I started losing my erections during sex [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and just started having sex around 2 months ago but it has been amazing. It was her first time and mine (technically, if u don't count a 15 second with an old ex). I always worried that sex would be plagued with my inability to last long because my first time was so short. But I have...

My Dog Recently Started to Eat His Poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. I got him 3 months ago from the Humane Society. He is a chewer so I provide him with lots of rawhides and toys. The toys (including the Kongs he finds a way to chew up and destroy). All of this I take in stride, but recently he started to eat his poop. ...

My Yorkie recently started peeing in her crate [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! My year old Yorkie has started peeing in her kennel. This started about 2 months ago. She is a fun loving dog, very well trained in all other areas except for this. She has been house broken for some time now, in the past 2 months I come home from work and Malibu and her crate reek of...

Have started a new job recently... everyone so cold! [ 5 Answers ]

HI everyone, I need some advice, I recently have started a job (sales in a smaller ISP) and just to give you a little insight of the company... my boss, also the owner of the company, is my uncle (also my mom's brother, she passed away when I was 12) his wife (my aunt) is the accountant, and there...

View more questions Search