Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digital Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Kick back briggs and stratton 12.5 hp
    I have a Huskee log splitter with a 12.5 Briggs and Stratton engine that kicks back so violently that it broke my hand. I took it to two B and S dealers and they could not find anything wrong with it, but it still kicks back. I decided to change from a pull start to an electric start. I replaced the fly wheel with an older fly wheel that had a ring gear and put an electric starter on. My question is what size battery do I need and do I need to put a solenoid starter or can I just use a heavy duty switch to run the starter.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 11:44 PM
    200 cca (cold cranking amps) at the least... I'd use around 250 or more cca.
    The starter... you could just run a switch (to temporarily give power to the starter to turn it over to start) but don't leave it on... and some way to kill the engine... simplest thing would be to find a old riding mower with the wiring intact... and scavenge the wiring off it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

13hp briggs and stratton [ 3 Answers ]

Help needed please I have a hayter ride on mower with a 13 briggs stratton engine .it will run OK without the air filter and breather pipe connected but as soon as I refit the air filter ,plug rubber breather pipe in place and then it won't start .if I put my thumb in the breather it won't run .I...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

View more questions Search