Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starlytia Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 03:34 AM
    Can you ask to change Parole officers?
    Can a person on Parole ask to transfer officers? My husband has been passed around to 3 different officers and the second one he had was awesome but a new guy comes on and she passed my husband off to him and he is a complete ****! I mean I know they have to be a certain way but don't hand me a card and tell me if I had any questions to feel free to call, then when I call to ask a question be a complete a-hole to me.. Not acceptable at all.. I guess this guy was fired from work release and so he became a PO and still has that guard mentality... Not cool! I'm not a criminal, don't treat me like ****. And maybe if you treat the ex-cons decent then they would actually do good because people can change!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2011, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlytia View Post
    Can a person on Parole ask to transfer officers?
    Hello Star:

No. And, it'll cause trouble for your old man if you do... In fact, they LOVE to upset families, and the fact that they're accomplishing it in your case will make 'em do it MORE. Yes, they're PRICKS...

But, when I had a PRICK assigned to me, I MOVED to another county. I didn't need permission to move WITHIN the state, and more than likely, your husband doesn't either. Yes, it's a drastic move.. But, being put back in the slam is drastic too.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 08:55 AM
    First YOU should not be calling at all, and if you did, they should by rules and law, not discuss his case with you at all.

And you have no right to do or ask anything.

He can, but it will only cause a lot more trouble for him, they will start really treating him tough most likely,

Next please understand being a PO is a large, very large promotion for correctional officers, there is a waiting list for several years just to test for that position and 100's of applications for any job opening.

But the big issue is? Why are you even calling them at all EVER. Should not be a need and should never happen. And except to show up for meetings, he should not have to do anything either.

If there is reasons to keep calling into a PO, then look at those reasons.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 09:05 AM
    In your other post, you say he is on work release, and has a new crime he is charged with. So if he is being revoked, and most likely going back to jail or prison, he really won't have a PO anyway at that point, till he gets out again
    Starlytia Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 11:05 AM
    Yeah I talked to a lawyer and work release it is! I guess the PV was for failure to change address which he got 15 days for, the WR was for failure to intake community service, the bench warrant was just sitting their and they didn't contact him to let him know. So he is just going to do it obviously he has no other choice. People in jail tell him one thing but reality is, everyone is different. I guess in WR he gets passes as he goes for a reward or whatever, so I'll get to see him. And we are moving to another county so he can change PO's but also because we wantted to move anyway. It's OK to do that as long as you tell them etc. I'm actually going to move soon and then when he's out of WR he can tell his PO and get the transfer, etc.
    Excon Ty for your answer and not being sn a-hole like the others. I'm new to all this crap and learning as I go. Same as my hubs. He f'd up and wants to make it right, to bad the legal system isn't more helpful but I guess it has to be that way. It amazed me that my sister's murderer only got 14 years out in 11, FOR MURDER! And people that do less of a crime with no previous record get screwed. I'll never understand the system. I'm just hoping 18 months fly by.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

What do probation officers have the right to tell you [ 9 Answers ]

OK well I'm currently on probation and I'm 14. I have only like two weeks left and I've been staying out of trouble. She found out that I am going out with an 18 year old we haven't had sex and she says that I can't talk to him. I love him with all my heart. He looked up the statutory rape laws...

Are parole officers required to answer to anyone? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is on parole and is still a mess. She is still doing drugs, driving on a suspended license, drinking, etc. (Her problem is 2 DWI's in less than 40 days:eek:) Anyway, her parole officer has has never checked on her, enforced her stipulations etc. Sh ehas talked to him 2 times since...

View more questions Search