Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borth216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 01:07 AM
    Having Pelvic pain?
    I'm having severe pelvic pain when I sit up, stand up, walk, lift a leg to get dressed, basically any type of movement. The pain is more dull when I am laying down but still hurts. Ive tried tylenol and ice packs. I had this same pain with my daughter on my left side at 6 months and when I called the doctor he didn't consider it an emergency but did have me come in at their next appointment... Turns out I was 2cm dilated and put on strict bed rest. I'm only 4.5 months pregnant right now. I'm wondering if my pain was in direct association with the fact that I had gone into preterm labor or just a coincidence? I should also mention I have lost 23lbs so far in the last 4.5 months of pregnancy.. And I had an abdominal surgery when I was 13 which causes me to carry really low. Please help! Should I go in or wait till I can schedule an appointment. Thanks, Brittney.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 5, 2011, 03:34 AM
    This is not an 'ask a doctor' site; anyone can answer here.
    Of course you should go in. I realize that it's a 3 day weekend, and going in means the ER, right? What you should do is call your doctor's answering service, and either he or a doctor on call should call you back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 04:16 AM
    As an L&D nurse, I am going to give you the same advice I would given any of my patients who call me on the phone.

Please go to the hospital that you plan on delivering at. Your L&D department will check you out to see what is going on. We cannot give advice over the phone/computer as we are not able to assess you.

You can go to the ER, but most of them are scared of pregnant women and will rush you right upstairs to the labor and delivery department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pelvic pain [ 0 Answers ]

I've been having pelvic pain for 9 years now. When it first started it was only after orgasm in the 5 days area before my period.I've been diagnosed with fibroid 4 years before that.2 years later the pain worsen and I started to have pelvic pain attacks that lasts 20mn each after either orgasm,...

Pelvic pain back pain [ 0 Answers ]

I have my baby girl 8 month ago now I'm feeling pelvic and back pain what shod I do

Pelvic pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am due between the 16th and 25th of this month (with my second baby) and I am having pelvic pain, I don't want to call and go to the hospital just to be sent home, but I can hardly walk and was wondering if I should just call and go to the hospital and deal with being sent home over nothing. Or...

Pelvic pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I'm 24 weeks along in my second pregnancy and the last couple of days I have had increasing pelvic pain. I remember having some pelvic pain during my first pregnancy also. I just started having the pain a couple of days ago, I think it was the morning after we had sex that it...

Pelvic pain [ 7 Answers ]

I've had pelvic pain throughout my entire pregnancy. I'm only 33w1d, and as of yesterday it is bad! Any movement whatsoever is absolute horror! My hips hurt, my tailbone hurts, and I'm getting shooting pains in my vagina. It's only when I move. I've been doing pelvic tilts in hope of easing some of...

View more questions Search