Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused3909 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2011, 12:25 AM
    Risky Sex..
    If you use a condom, it doesn't break, and pull out before he ejaculates but are not on birth control, can you still get pregnant? Like are the odds low, or still high?
    goldagarda Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2011, 04:48 AM
    The risk of getting pregnant is almost 0%. No contraception can claim to be 100% effective, and condoms are known to break.

The guy can ejaculate with a condom on inside the girl and the condom will still be 99% effective.

A girl can still get pregnant if the guy pulls out before ejaculation without a condom on though, So please be sensible.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 06:42 AM
    From the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealt...aception.htm):
    Barrier methods
    Male condom—Worn by the man, a male condom keeps sperm from getting into a woman’s body. Latex condoms, the most common type, help prevent pregnancy and HIV and other STDs as do the newer synthetic condoms. “Natural” or “lambskin” condoms also help prevent pregnancy, but may not provide protection against STDs, including HIV. Male condoms are 85–98% effective at preventing pregnancy. Condoms can only be used once, and are most effective when used consistently and correctly. You can buy condoms, KY jelly, or water-based lubricants at a drug store. Do not use oil-based lubricants such as massage oils, baby oil, lotions, or petroleum jelly with latex condoms. They will weaken the condom, causing it to tear or break.
    If he pulls out while using the condom, it will add a little bit more protection. However, he should not reinsert his penis after ejaculating or rub it on your body. He should take it off in the bathroom and dispose of it in the trash (not the toilet) and wash his hands.

He also needs to put the condom on before penetration or getting his penis close to your vagina.

You can use spermicides to add more effectiveness. However, as noted, no form(s) of birth control are 100% effective. We have members who used multiple forms correctly and still got pregnant.

So, be careful and pay attention to what you are doing. It will help keep not-ready-for pregnancies from occurring.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 08:35 AM
    As noted, there is a chance, even with condom and birth control pills there is still a chance. Just a smaller one.

So if you are not ready to have a baby and be a mother, you may want to reconsider having sex
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 08:38 AM
    I got pregnant using a condom, spermicide, and the birth control pill.

Yes, I was using them correctly.

If you are having sex, there is ALWAYS a chance that you'll get pregnant.
    Confused3909 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Thanks Everyone, I have honestly always wondered that question.. <3
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 11:13 AM
    It is interesting to note that condoms were the only 'effective' form of birth control up until the pill was available to women, in 1969. It paved the way for reproductive control, and significantly reduced, obviously, unwanted pregnancies. It still does.

So, I have to wonder why you aren't on the pill, and at the same time, using added protection with your boyfriend by also using a condom.

You need to be aware, educated, and making decisions that you are going to stick to. If you aren't on the pill, and are sexually active, or have tried the pill and had side effects, there are other methods, such as injections. Regardless of what you choose, the point is, you need to choose more protection than what you have now.

Boyfriends will come and go. But, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are protected, and stick to a plan, no matter what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Securities that are risky [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help Which one of the Following types of securities is typically considered the most risky? 1 Preferred stock of large companies 2. Common stocks of large companies 3. Long term government bonds 4. Certificates of deposit

Risky info [ 7 Answers ]

What are the risks of giving someone your exact age and name? I don't what people could do with this limited amount of information.

Risky business [ 2 Answers ]

At the risk of sounding completely inane, what is the deal with the Paris Etching Society? It seems most everyone in the art sections has a question on it. Is it rare? Collectible? Interesting? Should I know about it? Plus since everyone seems to be an expert on this, I can trust that my...

View more questions Search