Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 02:17 PM
    1960's and 1970's Female Vocalists
    If you were to create a mix tape of female pop/soft rock vocalists who were mostly popular during the 1960's and 1970's, who all would you include? I can think of singers such as Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins, Buffy St. Marie, Joan Baez, Helen Reddy, Roberta Flack, and Karen Carpenter. But my swiftly passing mind escapes me as who else was popular back then. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks for your input.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Well, my poor memory doesn't go as far BACK as the 60s... but what about Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks) and Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson)?

Not sure if Cass Elliot would be 50s or 60s, but Tina Turner was big in the 70s. Juice Newton.

And, of course, Janis Joplin.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Thanks for your input. I remember Janis but she does not "fit" with the mostly easy listening/soft pop mix I want to make. I do have all her records though. Lol. I forgot about Heart - they were great. Cass Elliot is 60's and I forgot about her too, as well as Juice Newton. Thanks so much!
    march357 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Here are a few more for your list. Hope it's helpful.
    Dusty Springfield, Petula Clark, Peggy Lee, Doris Day, Shirelles, Betty Everett, Linda Ronstadt, Dionne Warwick, Maxine Brown and Vicki Carr.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Thanks so much! I had forgotten these fine ladies. Shame on me too - who could ever forget "Fever" by Peggy Lee?
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jul 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Stevie Nicks!!
    pickie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Cher, Carly Simon, Aretha, Connie Francis, Brenda Lee, Marie Osmond,Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler.
    TLSPSU70 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Wasn't Lulu back then To Sir With Love, how about Annette Funicello, Aretha Franklin,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a 1970's Movie about Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to find out the name of a movie I saw on HBO in the mid 70's. It was about a bunch of old people living in an apartment building, they were getting evicted so they started killing the men that were trying to evict them. They actually buried one of there victims in cement. Can...

27 female and never had a boyfriend [ 75 Answers ]

I am 27, smart, funny, and am beginning to better appreciate my looks. I run a lot, do the makeup/hair thing on the weekends and have scores of friends. People are naturally attracted to me on a friendship level because I really love connecting with people and am very much an extrovert. But, I...

Female president [ 32 Answers ]

How come we never have a girl for a president?

Female puppy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello After my female puppy urinates she has this stringy mucus stuff hanging from her peepee area is this normal

View more questions Search