Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brownangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 02:06 PM
    IRS Garnishment?
    What percent of your paycheck can the IRS garnish?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Wage Garnishment and IRS Levy

From this web iste It is based on your number of dependents filed on your taxes and based on how much you can keep, they get the rest.

It appears they will get somewhere between 30 to 70 percent based on your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can they take your taxes while in bankruptcy

IRS garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had my wages garnished from my second job. Can they do this, they took the WHOLE check. Also, is it to late to set up a payment plan. I have not called... I've been to scared to face the amount of money that I owe and have ignored all attempts. :confused:

IRS garnishment of wages [ 8 Answers ]

Can my employee garnish my bonus or commission check? If so, at what percent. I just had a garnishment on my wages of my bonus check and the check was for ($1377.00 gross) and all I received was $10.47 the garnished almost the whole thing. Is that legal?

Ebay / IRS [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if Ebay reports sales records to the IRS?

Need help from the IRS [ 3 Answers ]

Time and Time again I called the IRS to correct an error on my tax return and the conversation ended with me speaking with the most undiscerning batch of extreme ignorance known to me doing my life time. The problem: The student loan interest deduction compared to the deduction allowed for...

View more questions Search