Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rumman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 03:25 AM
    Blood stained painfull swelling in buccal mucosa.age six years,girl
    6years old children. Having painfull cystic swelling in buccal mucosa opposite lower left molar area.what is dx
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 03:34 AM
    We don't diagnose on AMHD, rumman. Are you a health professional asking this question.

Buccal mucosa is the inside of the mouth and a cystic swelling with blood and mucous would be gum disease, but hard to explain why that would happen in a six year old.

You are not a parent asking this, a parent would not know technical terms regarding the mouth.

Tick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2011, 03:51 AM
    Are you reading this off a discharge page from an ER, who told you to take the child to a dentist or oral surgeon? Then do so! There is no diagnosis possible until an X-ray is done and further examination.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Are you reading this off a discharge page from an ER, who told you to take the child to a dentist or oral surgeon? Then do so! There is no diagnosis possible til an Xray is done and further examination.
    Hopefully any doctor in an ER would not let a six year old having a condition like this, away without treatment.

I think this question could be from a med student.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2011, 04:22 AM
    True tick, especially using 'dx.' But if this is in many countries, even the US, an ER usually isn't going to X-ray a tooth, and will refer the patient to a dentist. I wish OP would return to explain. Poor kid.
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    True tick, especially using 'dx.' But if this is in many countries, even the US, an ER usually isn't going to Xray a tooth, and will refer the patient to a dentist. I wish OP would return to explain. Poor kid.
    An ER in US or Canada would send the child home with prescription for antibiotics until they can see an oral surgeon.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Definitely sounds like something written on an emerg chart somewhere. Could end up being a child abuse case if left neglected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you date a girl that is 15,16 years of age when you are 18? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in savannah,Ga and I was wondering if an 18 year old could date a 15-17 year old girl?

Dating a 22 year old girl at 32 years of age? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a 32 year old male and I know this girl, she's 22, just out of college and she asked me if I wanted to go out sometime. The problem is I knew her when she was a teenager I met her when she was 15 and I was 25 I worked with her dad on their ranch. I was never attracted to her because well, she...

Blood stained stools [ 2 Answers ]

We have just purchase a Highland Terrier which is nearly 9 weeks old. He is quite small and a bit of a runt of the litter but very lively. Since we Bought him home his motions have been very loose and some seem to blood stained. Yesterday his seemed to be straining and only passed blood and...

View more questions Search