Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Apr 28, 2004, 10:25 AM
    Need character names for a story
    Hi,

Any advice on how to choose character names for a story?

Character one is a very pretty, young idealistic recent college graduate. She is a classy person for one so young. I am thinking of Victoria, Christina, or Cynthia. Victoria Principal or Victoria Jackson would work, but they are famous names. How about Victoria Watson?

Character two is a late thirty- or early forty-something mover and shaker businessman who is almost arrogant, with no time for details. I don't even have a suggested name for him?

Thanks.
    gurlfulofsmiles Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2004, 10:44 AM
    Re: Need character names for a story
    Try cynthia watson, and john list
    confused0217 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2004, 12:25 PM
    Look online for names meanings as if you were naming a new baby or in phone books to get names for your characters that have similar meanings to your characters personality--short names are easier to type repeatedly
    dark_angel_666 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2004, 11:27 PM
    You can do what I do. I combine the persons personality traits and/ or qualities with each other and get those traits from the meaning of names on this site: :)http://www.babynamesworld.com/index.php :) (ex. Boy> Adalardo~> noble, girl- Adele~> noble and kind... ). They also have what ethnicity that name derives from (ex. Greek, Hebrew, Latin... ). Hope this helps ;D[flash=200,200]URL[/flash]
    dark_angel_666 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2004, 11:04 PM
    Well if your going to have the same idea as me, then why don't you just put that you agree or something ::)
    look online for names meanings as if you were naming a new baby or in phone books to get names for your characters that have similar meanings to your characters personality--short names are easier to type repeatedly
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2005, 07:09 PM
    Her name is Elizabeth Devareoux

His name is Jack Baldwin
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2010, 04:09 PM

What are the nationalities of the characters? What do their parents do? When where they born?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

Character analysis [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the truth about this person whose birthdate is 13 November 1978. Her initials are N.V. What sort of relationship will I share with her. My birthdate is 27November 1957.

Help naming a character... again [ 4 Answers ]

Isabelle: from 1800’s, known as the towns reader. Always found in the book store, she is oblivious to many things. __________: Main Character: 2005, Known as the new girl even after 2 months of being in school. Witty and not very number smart prefers reading, loves books. She can be goofy at...

Defamation of character [ 6 Answers ]

If someone that works at the front desk of my apartment building calls me a "bad tenant" while on the phone with someone that called to leave a message for me, is that considered defamation of character?

View more questions Search