Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
    IRA Withdrawal at 70-1/2
    I will turn 70-1/2 in July of 2007. Is it better to withdraw the required amount for 2007 prior to July, or can I wait until December? I remember reading something about if one waits too long that you have to take two withdrawals in one year. I would prefer not to have to do that. Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 11, 2007, 01:20 PM
    You can wait until December, but I recommend you contact the IRA custodian and resolve all relevant issues well before December to avoid delays and problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k WITHdrawal [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help. :) I lost my job a couple months ago, and took a withdrawal out of my 401k to help survive. Can anyone tell me exactly how bad the taxes will be on it? I will have some deductions to use, but honestly don't know how much that will help, or hurt me? Thanks...

401K Withdrawal [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I'm in a place I need money but have no job and don't know what I am doing in trying to get some money to put on a apartment with a friend and I need to know how to do a draw from the 401k for a start to a new life.

Hardship withdrawal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, What kind of documentation is needed to prove a hardship. I am in danger of being evicted by my landlord. My credit cards are maxed, my bills and expenses for myself and my dependents is beyond my income. What steps do I need to do to get this hardship proved and how long is the...

Early withdrawal [ 5 Answers ]

I need to withdraw my 401 K funds but have been told I can't do it because I am still working for the company. My total is fully vested. I don't qualify for a hardship withdrawel & already have 2 loans on it. Is there anything I can do?

IRA Withdrawal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I would like to put a down payment on a house using my IRA account. I am a first time buyer, but my husband is not. Is there a way to avoid the 10% penalty? Also, should we have the taxes withdrawn now or wait until tax time? Thanks.

View more questions Search