Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Help28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Inappropriate partner issues
    Im going to try and lay this out as easy as possible.

I have a four year old daughter. I am not with her father we separated when she was one and a half years old. We got along fine when we separated and had no issues with access or child support.
    Then about 6 months ago my daughter told me that her father touches her privates. She said that "daddy puts his fingers in my privates then smells them and says eww stinky" (like its some sort of game or something). And right after she said this, she said "but dont tell because I was not suppose to tell my "bad" secret". She seemed really worried. I did not know what to do so I called her father and told him what was said he replied by simply saying "she didn't say that" He did not sound concerned at all. After that I did not allow him to be alone with her at all! I then took her to Children's Aid my daughter spoke with the worker and told the worker what her dad does. The worker told me that she was convinced that it had happened and to completely cut off all contact and said that she would be contacting the police. The next day the Children's Aid Worker Spoke with my daughters father and called me afterwards and said that she didn't get the "creepy feeling" and that she would be closing the case and not pressing charges. (she did no further investigation) I couldn't believe it.

Now her father has served me with court papers and he wants her back unsupervised, overnight visits and everything. Because Children's Aid closed the file after the investigation (if you can even call it that) I am having a really hard time trying to convince the court that the visits need to be supervised. I have been told that I need a professional in issues like this to talk with my daughter and say that they believe something has happened. However it seems like everywhere that I call they say that they do not want to deal with a situation like this or they just refer me to someone else. If I can't find somewhere that will deal with a situtaion like this the court will give her back to her father for unsupervised visits, I can not let this happen I need to protect her, I completely believe what she is saying I do not feel like a 4 year old can make the things up that she says or even the actions.

Please if anyone knows of an organization or a therapist that can help please let me know..
    I live in Ontario, Canada.

P.S I have tried calling Children's Aid back to see if they will investigate again and they say that they won't unless there has been another assault

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
    First let me say how sorry I am that this has happened to your precious child. Let me also say that I believe you. Why? Because children of this tender age do not know about vaginal odor.

I am also sorry that you are being treated in such manner.

Have you thought of taking her to a doctor or hospital? Here in the states if a mother takes her child to the hospital ER for suspected "rape" and exam is done and the child will be questioned. At that point the doctor is required to contact the authorities. Doctors are required to report suspected child abuse.

I hope I helped a little. I am sure you will get some GREAT answers here.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Hun, there are too many things in your post that make me believe you ARE telling the truth. There are many things you say here that a 4 year old does not understand, and should not know about.

I suggest making a doctor's appointment for a physical exam, that doctor also would be legally responsible (at least here in the U.S.) to report her as a victim of sexual abuse to the authorities. If nothing else I am sure there is a crisis intervention center or a sexual abuse crisis line that you can call in your area who can refer you further on how to handle this situation.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 18, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Help28
    Im going to try and lay this out as easy as possible.

I have a four year old daughter. I am not with her father we seperated when she was one and a half years old. We got along fine when we seperated and had no issues with access or child support.
    Then about 6 months ago my daughter told me that her father touches her privates. She said that "daddy puts his fingers in my privates then smells them and says eww stinky" (like its some sort of game or something). And right after she said this, she said "but dont tell because I was not suppose to tell my "bad" secret". She seemed really worried. I did not know what to do so I called her father and told him what was said he replied by simply saying "she didn't say that" He did not sound concerned at all. After that I did not allow him to be alone with her at all! I then took her to Children's Aid my daughter spoke with the worker and told the worker what her dad does. The worker told me that she was convinced that it had happened and to completely cut off all contact and said that she would be contacting the police. The next day the Childrens Aid Worker Spoke with my daughters father and called me afterwards and said that she didn't get the "creepy feeling" and that she would be closing the case and not pressing charges. (she did no further investigation) I couldn't belive it.

Now her father has served me with court papers and he wants her back unsupervised, overnight visits and everything. Due to the fact that Children's Aid closed the file after the investigation (if you can even call it that) I am having a really hard time trying to convince the court that the visits need to be supervised. I have been told that I need a professional in issues like this to talk with my daughter and say that they belive something has happened. However it seems like everywhere that I call they say that they do not want to deal with a situation like this or they just refer me to someone else. If i can't find somewhere that will deal with a situtaion like this the court will give her back to her father for unsupervised visits, I can not let this happen I need to protect her, I completely belive what she is saying I do not feel like a 4 year old can make the things up that she says or even the actions.

Please if anyone knows of an organization or a therapist that can help please let me know..
    I live in Ontario, Canada.

P.S i have tried calling Childrens Aid back to see if they will investigate again and they say that they wont unless there has been another assault

Thanks
    Please if the courts decide to go with your husband, you must run away and never let him near her. You must trust your instinctsw. Bring your daughter to a reputable child pscychiatrist and get them tgo petition the court
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Im not sure about Canadian law but is it possible to request the court to assign a therapist / investigator to you to allow the charges to be either confirmed or vindicated. Also at this point be very careful with what you say to your daughter about this matter. It had been proven you can mislead a child easily so you get the answers you want and not the truth of the matter. Do you have a lawyer / barrister / legal adviser for your case ? They may be able to guide you through the process. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some advise [ 6 Answers ]

I have been very serious with my boyfriend for close to two years now. We have lived with one another for a year and half. The past 3 months he has seemed less interested romanticaly and phsyically with me. He has been working long hours and is under stress. I understand that can lower sex...

Could use some advise [ 16 Answers ]

Ok I need advise on 2 different relationship propublems. 1> My x is asking me to sign a paper for him . I told him I would have to speak to my lawyer before signing any papers for him . He got mad and left me a text message saying He was crushing the car (the paper he wanted me to sign was...

Serious Advise Please! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I know this is sure to get some negative comments, need only serious advise please! I've been married AND FAITHFULL for the last five years. Prior to our marriage, we were together for 10 years. Lately, for a long time actually, I feel like my husband doesn't "give" to the relationship...

Advise [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Well my situations goes like this, my ex girlfriend broke off the relationship of two years. Its been three months since the breakup. Well the first month I kind of had some sort of contact with her through calls, e-mails. Then I decieded to go the NC way because it...

Can anyone advise/help? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant for a few months now... my last period was on the 3 June lasting 6days, then on the 23 June till now, I've been getting dark brown discharge :eek: (I've never had this before ever since I started my period)... my period is not for another 2...

View more questions Search