Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwiRusher93 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Should I get a vibrator?
    Im 18 years old and am sexually active. I only been with one guy and that was a two year relationship. I haven't had time to go out and date so I was wondering if buying a vibrator was a good idea. I thought about it. My aunt has told me that I should get one and there is nothing to be ashamed about but I'm just subconsious thinking that it's not a good idea. Im not into the whole going out and having sex with random people so I thought a vibrator would be the best option here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2011, 07:49 PM
    Its not a bad idea, a matter of personal preference, but do you need one to masturbate?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 2, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Even if you are in a relationship and having sex, vibrators can be useful and not just for masturbation.

Some women prefer dildoes (non-vibrating or any other tricks) to vibrators (or other mechanical toys.)

It does come down to personal preference as to whether you get one. It is also personal preference as to the type.

Like your aunt said, there is no shame in getting or having one. Depending on where you live there are even adult oriented stores that are nothing like the old stereotype of 'adult bookstores'. Would you feel comfortable asking your aunt to help you find one since she apparently brought the subject up?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Don't buy a vibe.

Buy three. Or more...

Pretty please?

I'm a guy. My last girl had no less than five.

One was anal only. One was cl!toral. One did both. Another was big enough to use to knock out a burglar. It also had spinny things and I think it knew portuaguese.

Not to scare you. But really. Anytime in life, when you find yourself locked in a place where you are conflicted and don't know what to do... ask yourself... what is your fear? What are you worried about?

A vibe is a good thing to have. Kissing a lovers neck while she played with her toy... gorgeous.

Not all men might think so... but I don't care.

Self Help is normal and healthy. Now... if your vibe gets much more time than your guy... you might need to have a talk...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 05:40 AM
    I find it hard to believe you don't have one or as noted several, I will assume you are masterbating but by hand currently.

Sex toys are just that things to use, and often used as foreplay in couples relationship.
    TwiRusher93 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 07:05 PM
    All your answers were very helpful thank you
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 07:38 PM
    I am glad we could help. We are here if you need or want more information. All you have to do is ask. :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2011, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiRusher93 View Post
    All your answers were very helpful thank you
    much love to a poster who gives feedback.

we complicate ourselves. We put up walls and barriers.

the Big Blue Sky above knows I am the king of this...

I can tell you this much with real truth...

the only time I ever had a problem with a lover using a vibe was when I was feeling neglected.

buy it. Use it. Explore and figure yourself out.

then talk to your lover.

I've said this so many times... the difference between my last love and the one before her... absolutely night and day.

what one loved and needed... the next would have damn near cut my tires with a rusty blade.

I'm in the AS forum and about to quote kung fu panda.

there is no secret recipe.

so... figure out your needs and make them known and be willing to make it happen if he is too clueless. I've been clueless. Am some. Are some. Stuff.

*exit stage left* =)
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 07:21 AM
    I bought my first one early in the year, and I regret not buying it sooner! It's great to involve in a relationship too. I can text my bloke "I was naughty with my green friend", and await him getting home from work, then WHOO! And oh, do they love watching... I now have numerous, haha.

Myself being more of a clitoral orgasmer, I like to use a vibrator, then take it out and masturbate. Great when alone with a fantasy!

X Dani
    JessicaW8 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Yes you should get something to aid you in this. Dildo or vibrator, either would be pleasurable without guilt. There is nothing to be ashamed of and it is much safer than having sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He found my vibrator. [ 36 Answers ]

My husband found my vibrator yesterday. He may have been searching through my things while I was asleep and decided to hide it. Little does he know that I know where he hid it lol. Anyway. I'm not sure if he feels uncomfortable or secretly turned on by it. He was OK. He asked me why I didn't tell...

Use a vibrator during sex - is this OK? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone: I just wanted to ask for advice/opinions regarding the use of a vibrator while having sex. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months, and up until the last 2 weeks I never achieved orgasm during sex. It was really pleasurable, but I just never was able to get to that point. Now...

My vibrator! [ 14 Answers ]

Give me 5 reasons I should choose a man over my vibrator?

View more questions Search