Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tim36 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 12:54 PM
    DRUG TEST Results were wrong or disa was one
    Yes I was contacted by disa saying I had amphetamines in my urine. I do not use drugs I make my living working construction and if I did do drugs I wouldn't be stupid enough to take a drug test knowing I was going to fail. Anyway the lady I spoke with ask for my meds.I told her xanax and Ive been taking generic 24hrsudafed for a cold. She said it wouldn't show up but on line it says it will and my doctor sid the same. Any suggestions
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Your doctor is correct. Cold remedies are known to cause false postives for amphetamines. Amphetamine false positives are far and away the most common error in drug testing (F+). Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine and will of course cross react with amphetamine drug panels.

Your test was probably an on-site version or Immunoassay (IA). The matter could be cleared up by running a confirmation test, conducted by a laboratory, which should always be done anyway.
    alejo cadona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Walgreenns drug test at home for marijuana my result was negative... disa say's positive what can I do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Failed employment DISA drug test, how long [ 18 Answers ]

How long must I wait before DISA removes my name from there list of failed drug test employees.

Drug Test Results [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! :D I'm not sure if this is in the right spot to post this so forgive me if it isn't. I have applied for a job and it is mandatory to take a drug test, although I don't do any drugs myself I am constantly around people who do. The people I live with smoke pot everyday, that doesn't...

Understanding drug test results. [ 1 Answers ]

I failed a probation drug test - I tested positive for thc. I have not been using. PO sent test to lab for confirmation. I went to doctor and got my own urine and blood tests. Received the results. None detected in blood. However there was something detected in urine, but I don't know what it...

Court ordered drug test, results to be sent to court, can person also get results? [ 1 Answers ]

Father of 15 month old court ordered to take hair follicle test.. Results to be faxed to person in juvenile court. Can anyone else get results before the next court hearing? Also, the test was taken 23 days ago and so far no results yet.. Why would it take so long?

Accurate Drug Test Results [ 4 Answers ]

I gave my 16 year old daughter a urine drug test to test for illicit drug use (mainly marijana). I watched her deposit the urine into the cup to make sure she did not dilute the urine. The urine was white and clear. It had no yellow tint and did NOT smell like urine. What would cause the urine...

View more questions Search