Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vsghm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
    World War II foreign money?
    I found a lot of foreign currency while cleaning out my father's house. German marks dated 1909, 1910, l914, etc. Money from Belgium and France also. Do you think these are worth anything?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 1, 2011, 12:40 PM
    They are no longer legal currency, but they are definitely worth something to a collector.

Their value will depend on the condition they are in, and how reletively rare they may be.

Is their a coin shop in your area? That might be a good place to start asking questions. Of course, there is also always eBay...

You may also be able to donate these items to a museum. It could also be worth exploring that path as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

World war 2 [ 1 Answers ]

What changes were made in the british government's role in its economic system after world war 2?

Foreign currency from World War II [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 100,000 German mark, a 10.00 Chinese bill and a Fiji bill my dad got when he was in WWll. Any idea if there is value in these?

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

World war one [ 1 Answers ]

What was the outcome of world war one? And what were the effects of world war one?

World war 2 [ 13 Answers ]

When did world war 2 start and finish ?

View more questions Search