Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyxynyx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 08:26 AM
    Confused about Increased Physical Contact with Ex-girlfriend
    My girlfriend of 1 year and I broke up 2 months ago. We are both in graduate school.

Background (2 months ago): After we broke up, we met up once for dinner a week after breaking up and I asked her if she wants to get back together, she said no. I probably asked too many times and she was furious. From then on, sms and emails to her don't get replies except for special ones like free furniture etc.

Current situation: Last night I helped her and her best friend move into their new apartment. Her roommate suggested that I stay over since it is getting late. My ex agreed. Her roommate went to sleep first, and after my ex bathed, we spoke a little as we unpack stuff into the kitchen. I notice an increased amount of 'accidental' physical body contacts like brushing of fingers & touching of hand when passing stuff around, brushing of arm when reaching to put things and she even press her boobs against me as we stretch out to put stuff on a higher shelf.

We also lay together in her bed to talk for a while, but I had to sleep on the couch eventually. We rearranged the kitchen and because of all the physical contact, I felt that she is more comfortable with me now and I decided to hug her and give her a few kisses on the cheek. She was holding a pillow so she placed it between us when we hugged, and she did not have any major reactions like slapping me or pushing me away, she just mentioned that we are no longer boyfriend and girlfriend. But I continued to hug anyway and stroke her hair, her face and eventually kiss her. She mentioned to stop touching her hair but did not push me away. We spoke a little while hugging and she said that after giving her some space for awhile, and having some progress in a startup I have been working on, I appear more attractive to her. I asked her out for a movie during this weekend but she said she want to watch that movie I suggested, but alone.

My question is whether this is a good sign that she is now possibly interested in me again, and how does the chances of getting back together look like? I'm confused as to why we have intimate physical contact but not able to watch a movie.

Girls when you have this manner of physical contact, is it attraction?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 1, 2011, 11:11 AM
    Its called rewarding your pet dog for his help with table scraps.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...nd-547719.html

Yes you are the pet dog, and I am sure you were helpful, and when you are not, she watches the movie alone. Sorry to be harsh guy, but you are the way to eager to please, and INEXPERIENCED.

Ignore this one. I know, but... but... what?

She dumped you, but keeps you around because your helpful, handy,. and easy!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Sounds like you didn't got the message.

"we broke up"
    "sms and emails to her don't get replies"
    "She was holding a pillow so she placed it between us when we hugged"
    "She mentioned to stop touching her hair"
    "I asked her out for a movie during this weekend but she said she want to watch that movie I suggested, but alone."

Tal's right. The longer you remain her puppy dog, the longer you will be confused.

Don't be her friend. Go NC.
    looks Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2011, 06:55 AM
    My guess is that it is like this and this sucks you see someone you once was with and it brings back old feelings and once she thinks she can get you back she does not want you anymore why because she starts to think about what she did not like about the relationship if it did not work once why would it now .sometimes a relationship will work the second time around once you have had a chance to muture and understand what it takes to keep it going after all there is no such thing as a easy relationship .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend two timing ready for emotional support but not able to go physical [ 2 Answers ]

HI, fell for a girl knowing very well, she is in a live in relationship with another guy. We came close and close as she was getting unhappy and unsatisfied with her current livein partner. I fell for her emotions and got involved with her emotionaly. Started thinnking and living only for her and...

No physical contact AT ALL Zilch. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My boyfriend and I have lived together for 3 years now and for the last 12 months he seems to have lost all interest in sex. We haven't even had a kiss or a cuddle since I can't remember. The only time he wants sex is when he's been out with his mates and is drunk and that's only maybe once...

X Girlfriend is Back in Contact - CONFUSED what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I went 8 months with no contact with a woman who broke up with me after 2 years of dating with no fights biggest problem was a long distance commute of 4 hours that we neither of us could do anything about at the time and her desire to move to a different part of the country. So she broke...

View more questions Search