Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manterry04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 06:09 PM
    How do I help my husband adopt my daughter?
    I have a 14 yr old daughter who hasn't heard or seen from her biological dad in over 3 years. He has not contacted her or anything. When asked about his daughter he says he doesn't want anything to do with her and he has no children. He pays child support when he wants which is hardly ever. I am re-married and my husband and my daughter wants him to adopt her. They have taken his license away from him for non-payment of support. Now when I call my local child support they tell me they can't do anything to him. How do I get started to let my husband adopt my daughter? Do I have grounds to do move on! I couldn't care less about the child support. Just tired of seeing her hurt! Thank you for helping me out on this issue..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2011, 06:35 PM
    Not going to happen unless the biological father is willing to allow it. Its not up to you to let or not... we know YOU are willing... you have to get the biological father to allow it.

And its got to go through the courts... it won't be cheap, quick or easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here is my story. When I was 16 I got rapped and got pregnant. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 5 1/2 months pregnant. I had my baby who happened to be a girl on her birth certificate she has no father listed because I don't know who he is. Now I am 21 I recently got married to...

My husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I have sole custody of my daughter, her father is unknown to me and her. We don't have oodles of money to afford a lawyer. What are the steps to take action in him adopting her? Thank you for any information.

How can my husband adopt my daughter. [ 1 Answers ]

My husaband is trin to adopt my 4 year old daughter. Her bio father has visition rights but has chosen not to see her in over 2 years. He is well aware of where we live I on the other hand have no idea where he is. He recently started paying child support but still owes in back payments. He is also...

Could my husband still adopt my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my daughter has not seen her dad since she was 2. she is now nearly 7 he has parental rights as we were married but I don't know if he is my daughters dad as we split up and I went back to an ex I am now married and my husband has been bringing up my daughter since she was 2 she calls him daddy...

How my can my husband adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know how can my husband adopt my 3 yr. old daughter. Since she's been born her biological father has not been seen or heard from. My husband has taken care of her since she was 6 months old. Thank you in advance Fermeka Velez

View more questions Search