Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Movie with an abusive mother...
    I'm pretty sure this was movie from Netflix... but my friend rented so many I'm sure he won't remember. Abusive mother has a few kids but holds a teenage daughter down in the basement. I remember because it was so horrible, mother inserting a hot item into her. It's just killing me because I originally thought the mother was Carolyn from sixteen candles. I searched imdb for her movies and it wasn't any of them. Watched it around '09.

Much thanks!
    lqbern Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2011, 04:11 PM
    An American Crimehttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0802948/
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
    I do believe that's it! Funny I couldn't remember Ellen page was in it because I love her. Appreciate it :)

Aug 31, 2011, 04:31 PM
    A Patch of Blue?
    Igby Goes Down?
    Night Mother?
    Carrie?
    Do you remember anything else about the movie? :s

Aug 31, 2011, 04:34 PM
    Never mind, I couldn't see your post! Sorry :s
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Weird thing is that I am very familiar with the mother in the movie... know her from 40-yr old virgin and other movies. When I said that I thought the mother was from sixteen candles, it looks like it may have been the two girls' mother, that had left them because they were carnies. I thought that SHE was the one doing the horrible things. I will have to watch it. I'm going to try and see if YouTube has some scenes from it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2011, 04:51 PM
    Dang... that's not it. The whole movie is on YouTube. There definitely wasn't a trial. I will have to check it out, though! I am a fan of true story movies. I remember the beginning starting with some kids by a creek. The mother was always in a nightgown. And I believe it was only one girl in the basement. I say it was from netflix but it may have been a lifetime movie.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Jack ketchum's "the girl next door"
    And I was confusing carolyn from sixteen candles with her sister from sixteen candles... she was the mom:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048273/

I will check the other one out. Thanks again!
    mareedem1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 03:14 PM
    Was it "Sybil" with Sally Field

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to speak to other mother's that have abusive sons. Is this the right forum? [ 5 Answers ]

I raised 3 children alone. They did not suffer for my single situation, I ran a business, worked 7 days a week at least 14 hrs per day for about 16 years. The kids had enough of everything, and I never discussed my difficulties with them. I made sure their needs were always met, a comfortable home,...

Wanting to get away from an emotionally abusive home and live with my mother [ 14 Answers ]

Ive recently turned 17, and my father remarried when I was about 9. For the past 8 years I've tolerated and been scorn from emotional and mental abuse from my father and step mother. When my father gets mad, he flips, its terrifying. The sad part is is that I've gotten so used to it that I just sit...

In an abusive situation can a mother take her kids to another state? [ 2 Answers ]

Im currently in an abusive relationship and I need to get out but I have three kids?

Verbally abusive mother [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 12yr old boy that is controlling, bossy and whiny at times. I geuss he is somewhat spoiled but he manages to do great in school and never gets into trouble. To me, he is just a typical boy. My mother goes places with my family, weekends away, vacations etc... but it never fails, she always...

How can I deal with a jealous, emotionally abusive mother of my partner? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for over a year now and I thought things with his mother were getting a lot better. I am 17, almost 18 and he is the same age and yet his mother still, somehow, has complete control over him. When I first started seeing her son she hated me from the moment she met...

View more questions Search