Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debsulane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 08:00 PM
    How to get adult daughter with kids out?
    My 31 yr old daughter and 2 kids csm to live with me in 2009. I gave her 1 year. They are still with me in 2011, draining my wallet. I just recently had her put the electric bill in her name because if she didn't pay it, I wouldn't be the bad guy. She has never paid rent and there is no lease. She's stealing cash from my biz now. She's collecting food stamps but that's all. I was paying her $1200 a mo to work at my biz when I wasn't there. I can't afford to pay her and have her steal and live irresponsibly in my home. The kids are 9 and 10. I want her out of my life but the kids will be affected. How do I get her out ? I'm in Riverside County, Ca
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by debsulane View Post
    How do I get her out ? I'm in Riverside County, Ca
    Hello deb:

You evict her pursuant to California state law... It probably begins with a 30 written notice to vacate. I'd lay one of those on her, and if she doesn't move, go to court.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 07:36 PM
    I agree with Ex. She is using you and that will likely never end. Eviction is about you best and only option. Be assured she will paint you as the wicked witch to your grandkids but not much you can do about that. She needs some type of counseling and would likely be eligible for some type of housing support once you give her the boot. Maybe helping her fgure out housing assistance might help with that witch thing too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My adult kids are mean to me - how can I handle this? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm SHOCKED at this development. They are 28 and 30 and have constructed a fiction of abuse at my hands. I certainly wasn't a perfect mom - but I never hit them, read lots of books, pretty much got professional advice on parenting throughout their childhoods (I'm divorced and their dad was ALWAYS...

My adult kids dislike me, WHY? [ 1 Answers ]

So.. I am a 55 year old woman. I left their dad in 2004 and my daughter (23) went with me and my son (19) stayed with his dad. The dad and I still get along fine. But our kids seem to want to lie to me about everything, and unfortantely the dad also is a LIER. My daughter has 2 girls, that I...

Disrespectful young adult kids [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 daughters, 18 and 23. We have lots of issues at home. My oldest has been on antidepressant medication for 2 years and recently she got off it. She is angry and she just flips out pretty often. This makes it very hard for me and my youngest to deal with. The sisters fight a lot and often I...

Need help about my adult daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 30 years old. She moved to another state with her boyfriend (he broke up with her last year). She has a bad credit and has a hard time to find the place to rent. Six years ago my husband (her step dad for 20 yrs) and I bought a one bedroom condominium so she can stay. She promised...

My adult daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My adult daughter is very upset with her family and me because we've been suggesting that she needs to find employment with benefits. She has quit every job she ever had and quit her last job about 6 months ago. She is not looking for work and has no medical insurance. She is very angry that I or...

View more questions Search